Mcgahee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mcgahee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mcgahee

Postby ConTender » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:48 pm

Having problems, need to p/u a def but don't have any roster spots avail. I'm hanging on to T.Bell because I have Q and Bennett has been hurt.

Is there really any reason to keep Mcgahee for some fluke reason Henry gets hurt?

not a keeper league
ConTender
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:51 pm

Henry is already banged up. If you dump McGahee, I'm sure someone will snatch him. The Henry owner probably.

Tatum Bell isn't going to be doing much anytime soon. I'd drop him first. I doubt many would even consider picking him up.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ConTender » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:53 pm

How about just dropping Lamar Gordon instead, since he probably is not going to be able to accomplish much this season. I doubt anyone will pick him up.
ConTender
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 3)

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:03 pm

Gordon isn't going to do much, but he is a decent option for a waiver or bye week fill in.

Bell is just a guy you are keeping in case Q gets injured. Bell has no value to anyone in your league but you right now. That is not true about Gordon, or McGahee.

I'd hate to drop Gordon, then have the guy I'm facing pick him up to replace Priest this week, and Gordon gets a coulpe TD's and 100 yeards to beat me.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:09 am

This is a very oddly timed question...someone in my league just dropped Willis for a defense...but he didn't have Griffin or Bell. :-°
dgroundhog wrote:Henry is already banged up. If you dump McGahee, I'm sure someone will snatch him. The Henry owner probably.

I am the Henry owner in my league, and I'm so going to try to pick up Willis. I need some insurance for the end of the year. :-)

Someone will pick up Gordon also...he is a starting RB, so he has value. But, as was earlier stated, it's probably only for bye week and/or injury filling.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk