Tommy Maddox - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tommy Maddox

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tommy Maddox

Postby kurtistb » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:02 am

where do you all see Touchdown Tommy projecting to this year. I think he is throwing to the best revceiving corp in the nfl this year and with the addition of riemersma and cowher stating they'll use more three receiver sets he could be a major sleeper. I just want to know if people are actually sleeping on him or will he go before he is supposed to.

I'd like to grab up my 2 running backs and receivers before burning a draft pick on him if possible.
kurtistb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tommy Maddux

Postby Homeless » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:14 am

kurtistb wrote:where do you all see Touchdown Tommy projecting to this year.
I'd like to grab up my 2 running backs and receivers before burning a draft pick on him if possible.

Unless you have a steeler fan in your elague I cant see Tommy going early. Its safe to assume you will be able to draft your first 4 picks and get Tommy witht he 5th, if you so choose. I dont think many people are overly high on him because of that scary injury he got last yr, so I think on average he will fall slightly lower than his numbers suggest he should be.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Poobah » Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:08 am

I currently doing a 10-team mock draft, and if Manning is gone before I pick again (#54), I'll be looking for Maddox with one of my next two (#67 & #74). 5 QB's gone after 50 picks. I think you can get Maddox in the 5th or 6th round of any league, unless there is a big old Pittsburgh homer...
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby joester » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:05 pm

I got him with the last pick in the 5th round of the NKL so he's not hard to get. I think he will do well this season.
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Enoch » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:35 pm

I would think that a 5th or 6th round would be high for him. Lets say you have 12 teams in your league. I can think of 11 other QBs that should go before him.

Note: the players are not ranked in my order. This is just a list I found
M. Vick
D. McNabb
R. gannon
D. Culpepper
P. manning
A. Brooks
S. McNair
D. Bledsoe
B. Favre
T. Green
K. Warner
J. Garcia
J. Plummer
D. Brees
M. Hasslebeck
T. Brady
K. Collins

I don't see Maddox as a top 10 QB in the draft. But, I can see him posting top 10 numbers, he is a good sleeper pick
Enoch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:38 pm

Enoch wrote:I don't see Maddox as a top 10 QB in the draft. But, I can see him posting top 10 numbers, he is a good sleeper pick

Well said.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby NegauneeMiners3-peat » Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:02 pm

Related to this topic is the question of Hines Ward for this season. Is there any possibility he puts up numbers like last year? I think he'll be good but not as good as last year. I have him at #8 on my WR list. By the way, Maddox is #10 on my QB list.
Hoo Ha Negaunee!!!
"If things get too much for you and you feel the whole world's against you, go stand on your head. If you can think of anything crazier to do, do it."- Harpo Marx
NegauneeMiners3-peat
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Location: Down a mineshaft somewhere with a stupid little light on my hat

Postby Slingblade » Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:52 pm

he will be a top 5QB...but will not go early in drafts
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Homeless » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:00 pm

NegauneeMiners3-peat wrote:Related to this topic is the question of Hines Ward for this season. Is there any possibility he puts up numbers like last year? I think he'll be good but not as good as last year. I have him at #8 on my WR list. By the way, Maddox is #10 on my QB list.

A question worthy of its own thread. Anyway, not withstanding the fact im a Steeler fan, I think Ward will be a top 5 WR this year, I expect him to come close if not match or better last yrs numbers. There are only a few WR's I would take before him in this yrs draft.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby VIPER » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:07 pm

Homeless wrote:A question worthy of its own thread. Anyway, not withstanding the fact im a Steeler fan, I think Ward will be a top 5 WR this year, I expect him to come close if not match or better last yrs numbers. There are only a few WR's I would take before him in this yrs draft.

Moulds is one of 'em!! ;-D Anyhow, I think Ward will put up good numbers but with the chemistry between Maddox and Burress I might get Burress first. Either way Tommy wins!!
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk