Eric Karabell (ESPN) has bad news for D Foster owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eric Karabell (ESPN) has bad news for D Foster owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eric Karabell (ESPN) has bad news for D Foster owners

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:16 am

this is from ESPN FF Edge, by Eric Karabell

Bye Bye DeShaun? I know that Carolina is on bye this week, but still fantasy owners can't stop talking about what DeShaun Foster did to the Chiefs. Foster would have been the top pickup had he been available as a free agent, but he was drafted in most leagues. Now the question I get asked most often is, will Stephen Davis get his job back? I think he does. Everything the Panthers coaches and players have said this week makes me think that. They'll be loyal to him. Davis says he will be ready to play in Week 4, which is NEXT WEEK! He had surgery to repair torn cartilage in the knee. Not major surgery. The initial timetable was 2-to-5 weeks. Foster's 174-yard game might be all we see of him as a starter. As trade bait goes, if you can sell him as more, go for it.
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:55 am

Thats actually good news for me, being that I am a Davis owner ;-D
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:03 pm

Nothing has changed, here... We are still going to be looking at a 50/50 split in Carolina, which effectively kills the Fantasy value of either back... Of the two, though, I would rather have Foster b/c atleast there is always the possibility of a Davis injury, which would immediately cause Foster's value to skyrocket, again...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:11 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Nothing has changed, here... We are still going to be looking at a 50/50 split in Carolina, which effectively kills the Fantasy value of either back... Of the two, though, I would rather have Foster b/c atleast there is always the possibility of a Davis injury, which would immediately cause Foster's value to skyrocket, again...

agreeed ;-D And I think Foster is the better back of the two, as long as he can hold on to the ball. If he breaks off a few big ones, he could put himself in line to get more.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby bungle613 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:29 pm

DUKE wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Nothing has changed, here... We are still going to be looking at a 50/50 split in Carolina, which effectively kills the Fantasy value of either back... Of the two, though, I would rather have Foster b/c atleast there is always the possibility of a Davis injury, which would immediately cause Foster's value to skyrocket, again...

agreeed ;-D And I think Foster is the better back of the two, as long as he can hold on to the ball. If he breaks off a few big ones, he could put himself in line to get more.

I think you are probably right..

BUT...

Let's say Davis is out the full 5 weeks. Foster buts up 150 and 2 td's a game and 0 fumbles. It is possible, quite possible really. I don't think that could be ignored. I know, you can't lose your job becasue of injury but man, the guy really has potential. I would hate to see this go on as a 50/50.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DUKE » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:36 pm

bungle613 wrote: Let's say Davis is out the full 5 weeks. Foster buts up 150 and 2 td's a game and 0 fumbles. It is possible, quite possible really

If he were able to run against Kansas City every week, it would be a lock. :-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby bleedtheblack » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:32 pm

traded him straight up for C. Johnson earlier this week..I don't think Davis will get all the carries. I see about 50-50 split for Davis and Foster.
bleedtheblack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby proKrastinate » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:36 pm

bungle613 wrote:
DUKE wrote:

I think you are probably right..

BUT...

Let's say Davis is out the full 5 weeks. Foster buts up 150 and 2 td's a game and 0 fumbles. It is possible, quite possible really. I don't think that could be ignored. I know, you can't lose your job becasue of injury but man, the guy really has potential. I would hate to see this go on as a 50/50.

yes you can, it happens all the time in every sport.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:39 pm

im not buying it. foster seems more versatile. that offense is going to need a dynamic element to it that ti SEEMS to me Davis can't or won't do. not to mention that davis is a bit older and coming off injury -- it doesn't make sense.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mad benjamin » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:41 pm

I'm rooting for Davis, but we'll see. It will likely be holding off the inevitable. Maybe we'll see if Davis can get a good game or two under his belt, then trade him.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk