Home Dogs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Home Dogs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Home Dogs

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:33 am

I've noticed that a lot of people are getting burned by the home Dogs in the Lock of the Week.

Week One 4 people took Baltimore over Cleveland and lost, last week it was 7 people were burned by Atlanta beating St. Louis. This week the road favourite of choice is Philly. So far 6 people have bet against Detroit as home Dogs.

With the parity in the NFL, playing at home seems to be worth more and more every year. I've almost stopped betting against home dogs and most of my bets are on home favourites, road dogs and over/unders. A road favourite really has to stand out for me to bet it. So far the closest thing has been St. Louis at Atlanta. If somebody finds some research about how often the Home Dog covers the spread it will probably come out to 50-50 but it sure doesn't seem that way to me. For now I'm staying away and not betting against the home dogs.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tman570 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:05 pm

Be especialy wary of my favorite pick, Home Division Dogs. I agree with you 100%, try and stay away from the home dogs.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk