ReShard Lee/J. Jones take from the Sporting News - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ReShard Lee/J. Jones take from the Sporting News

Moderator: Football Moderators

ReShard Lee/J. Jones take from the Sporting News

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:11 am

I know this is a real hot topic lately. Here's some more info from a different source (some so-called expert). Here's the article:

Q: With Julius Jones likely out for the next eight weeks, is it worth picking up ReShard Lee? How much value will Jones have once he returns from his injury?

James Seyler
New York

A: Lee will likely fill Jones' role, playing a series or two a game to help keep Eddie George fresh. However, I don't think Lee has as much upside as Jones. A healthy Jones could have eventually overtaken George as the Cowboys' lead back. I see Lee stuck in a backup role unless George gets hurt. Then, there's Richie Anderson, who will be in on third-down passing situations, further complicating matters. By the time Jones returns (Week 10 or 11), it will be tough for him to make a significant impact, especially given that most fantasy leagues end by Week 16. But he could provide just the push you need to get into the postseason. If I had the choice, I'd rather use my roster spot on Jones than Lee.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:16 am

I think this "expert" is not taking into account 3 very important things:

1) Eddie George is older than Moses, which means he's ALWAYS an injury risk...

2) Even healthy, Eddie George completely SUCKS, now-a-days...

3) Bill Parcells has no patience for players that SUCK week in and week out...

I think Lee could be a very good sleeper if you have the room on your roster for a big maybe... I put him in the same category as Tatum Bell...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:27 am

I agree that George sucks, but I don't see him missing time with injury. He has never missed a game in his career, and plays through pain that would sideline most other backs. The only way Lee will get more carries is if Parcells gets sick of watching George get 3 ypc.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:30 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:I agree that George sucks, but I don't see him missing time with injury. He has never missed a game in his career, and plays through pain that would sideline most other backs. The only way Lee will get more carries is if Parcells gets sick of watching George get 3 ypc.

Up until now he has not been an injury risk... That's true... But the guy turned 31 years old today... As a person ages, they just do not recover from bumps and bruises as easily, and even though he was a workhorse in his prime, it won't take too much for him to have to sit a game....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:31 am

Parcells is very loyal to veterans but I agree with Vlad that George is only good for short gain up the middle. Lee would give them that big play threat at least.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk