9ers,Owens last go-round? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

9ers,Owens last go-round?

Moderator: Football Moderators

9ers,Owens last go-round?

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:31 pm

The handwriting is on the Candlestick walls in Sharpie.

It says this season or bust for the 49ers. Bill Walsh and Terrell Owens, the franchise's two most valuable members, are in the final year of their contracts. Walsh, now a consultant, is clearly being eased out to pasture. Thoroughbred receiver Owens looks like no more than a great one-year fit.

Imagine the 49ers without Walsh and Owens in 2005. Imagine 4-12.

Full Story.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VIPER » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:54 pm

Good read GP!!! Man..they would def. be hurting if they lost Owens. Unless Streets tears it up this year!! ;-D
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Homeless » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:17 am

I didnt like that they let Mooch go and now this on the horizon, im glad im not a 49er fan. :-t
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Super Fan Don » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:19 am

Owens would look very nice on a certain team that plays in a certain city that starts with a "C", ends in a "o" and has a "hicag" in the middle...of course I'm talking about Da Bears
Super Fan Don
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Poobah » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:27 am

Super Fan Don said:

Owens would look very nice on a certain team that plays in a certain city that starts with a "C", ends in a "o" and has a "hicag" in the middle...of course I'm talking about Da Bears

Jeez, I'm glad you ended the suspense by telling us who you were talking about, because I was so confused. Thank you. :-b
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nero » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:43 am

so I guess you'd like to see Garcia in Chicago as well?

god knows Kordell can't get him the ball unless he hands it off to him
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Homeless » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:56 am

Poobah wrote:Super Fan Don said:

Jeez, I'm glad you ended the suspense by telling us who you were talking about, because I was so confused. Thank you. :-b

LOL. Hey Da poo, if you want to quote someone, hit the quote button on THEIR post and it will include all the text and their name on YOUR post. As you see above where I quoted you.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Nero » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:10 am

Homeless wrote:
Poobah wrote:Super Fan Don said:

LOL. Hey Da poo, if you want to quote someone, hit the quote button on THEIR post and it will include all the text and their name on YOUR post. As you see above where I quoted you.

You're acting SOOOOOO mod like dude :P
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Poobah » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:41 am

Homeless, I don't recognize the person who you are talking to (I don't know this "Da poo"), but it will be very helpful to me, I've been playing around trying to figure it out, so thank you very much

;-D
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:46 am

don't kid yourselfs....owens will return next year, and if walsh does not get a new contract, he will alwys be welcome back to the niners....he build this franchise, its walshes eye that found, montana, rice, young, garcia, owens, lott ...ect, he knows how to spot the greats, and has proven it time and time again. owens will bitch and complain FOREVER, no matter what team he goes too, and the niners know this. owens will be in a niners uniform for a long time, but not forever. i give you expample A......Jerry Rice.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk