Who the *!#@ is Stecker? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who the *!#@ is Stecker?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who the *!#@ is Stecker?

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:59 pm

I grabbed Stecker off the waiver but I don't really know much about this guy. Is he going to be fantasy gold for a month?

Any information would be helpful. If he surplants anyone on my team it will be Tiki.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Steve_Mac9 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:08 pm

Will be 28 in November, played college ball @ Western Illinois. Not drafted out of college in '99. Played the last 4 years in Tampa with 402 career rush yards and 233 career rec yards - Has averaged 24 yards a kick return over his career. He's 5-10 205 ... I think NO is going to try to ride Brooks while Duece is out and Stecker or Carter will have a minimal impact ...
Steve_Mac9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:11 pm

Steve_Mac9 wrote:Will be 28 in November, played college ball @ Western Illinois. Not drafted out of college in '99. Played the last 4 years in Tampa with 402 career rush yards and 233 career rec yards - Has averaged 24 yards a kick return over his career. He's 5-10 205 ... I think NO is going to try to ride Brooks while Duece is out and Stecker or Carter will have a minimal impact ...

8-o 8-o 8-o

yeah - what he said.

Fellas - will you look at that - KT had a very well informed and insightful post - and it had nothing at all to do with either TEN or McNabb.
;-D

Just messin KT :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:18 pm

I have a feeling Stecker will be a nice pass catching threat, but little else. Ki-Jana should get a nice share of carries while Deuce is out.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:23 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I have a feeling Stecker will be a nice pass catching threat, but little else. Ki-Jana should get a nice share of carries while Deuce is out.

I grabbed Carter when I had the option of the two, but am I actually going to start one? not a chance.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:37 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I have a feeling Stecker will be a nice pass catching threat, but little else. Ki-Jana should get a nice share of carries while Deuce is out.

I grabbed Carter when I had the option of the two, but am I actually going to start one? not a chance.

Can't say I blame you. :-b
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mcqfesijiba » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:14 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

I wish I didn't have to start one of them, but it's been one crazy year for RB's so far.
mcqfesijiba
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby crystalsgold1 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:00 pm

;-D Stecker will surprise.This will be his 1st caree start,he's never been given the chance.
Teams will be more focused on Brooks and Horn ,Stallworth, ect. and won't be game planning around Stecker but the passing game insted.He'll surprise alot off people !!!!!!!!
Gruden really like him, and didn't want to see him leave T.B.
He's not a broken down piece of Junk like the injury prone J. Cater.,he's quick,can break outside,very good pass catcher.
I feel for those who dought his ability.now that given a chance he will shine.........and the fullback is going to be more involved for N.O. as he was last week.Thats why Boo Williams is a bust,he can't block for shiiiiiittttt,thats why they're using the FB more.
There are always a few surprise RB's each year and Stecker will be one of them. ;-D
crystalsgold1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:22 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

Sadly I will be starting Stecker in 2 ( :~( ) leagues this week. Its been a very bad timing for injuries and byes. He actually may not be that bad if they give him the ball. I can't believe they would use a Penn St. RB, because we all know how much they all suck.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dirtyape » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:59 pm

Stecker played high school ball in Green Bay :)

He is better than Carter.
dirtyape
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk