Who the *!#@ is Stecker? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who the *!#@ is Stecker?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hander99 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:40 pm

crystalsgold1 wrote:;-D Stecker will surprise.This will be his 1st caree start,he's never been given the chance.
Teams will be more focused on Brooks and Horn ,Stallworth, ect. and won't be game planning around Stecker but the passing game insted.He'll surprise alot off people !!!!!!!!
Gruden really like him, and didn't want to see him leave T.B.
He's not a broken down piece of Junk like the injury prone J. Cater.,he's quick,can break outside,very good pass catcher.
I feel for those who dought his ability.now that given a chance he will shine.........and the fullback is going to be more involved for N.O. as he was last week.Thats why Boo Williams is a bust,he can't block for shiiiiiittttt,thats why they're using the FB more.
There are always a few surprise RB's each year and Stecker will be one of them. ;-D

I don't know about the surprise of the year but I do agree he will be more valuable than most people think. Just watching him in the niner game he didnt look that bad and is certainly better than Carter. I unfortunately have to start him being a duece owner but feel it could be worse. I do worry about them throwing a lot more which is something that was evident during the niner game, but the niners made little to no adjustment for this and I expect St. Louis to make sure they don't get tourched like the niners did.
hander99
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vanter » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:45 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Steve_Mac9 wrote:Will be 28 in November, played college ball @ Western Illinois. Not drafted out of college in '99. Played the last 4 years in Tampa with 402 career rush yards and 233 career rec yards - Has averaged 24 yards a kick return over his career. He's 5-10 205 ... I think NO is going to try to ride Brooks while Duece is out and Stecker or Carter will have a minimal impact ...

8-o 8-o 8-o

yeah - what he said.

Fellas - will you look at that - KT had a very well informed and insightful post - and it had nothing at all to do with either TEN or McNabb.
;-D

Just messin KT :-b

Is Steve_Mac9 really the King Titan?

I think we might have a case of mistaken identity...
Vanter
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Teck » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:32 am

No man, no, I think it is infact KING TITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O:-)
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mtarail » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:05 pm

I remember seeing this guy in Tampa. He's really not that good and my sympathies go out to anyone that' has to start him.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:58 pm

I don't feel confident in Stecker or Carter...Obviously something is wrong if Carter's cut, resigned, cut and resigned all in a two week span (methinks) And Stecker isn't talented enough to even get close to my starting lineup...

For cripes sakes, he got beat out by a couple of fat, pot smoking RB's in Tampa, who have a combined age of Vinny, which is equivalent to being Jesus' older brother :-b

j/k
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby s0meguy » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:02 pm

I've heard its going to be RBBC between the two with Carter being 3rd down/goal line guy while Stecker is everything else. Lets see, in two games Deuce did precisely nothing, so divide that by two, and subtract a little bit because backups rarely perform as well as their respective starters, and you have what Stecker and Carter are going to do while Deuce is gone.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Favre.com » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:58 am

Its RBBC with Stecker getting around 70% I think. I have stecker in my flex spot in a 20 man leagues, grabbed him in the 24th 8-o round. I'm not expecting much, but 50 yards and a score isn't out of the quesion.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Previous

Return to Football Talk