MUST READ BOOKS! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

MUST READ BOOKS!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Rodge » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:45 am

I am Third, the autobiography of Gale Sayers. This is one heck of a book. Although it was written in 1970, it provides great insight into the mind of an NFL player. The chapter about Brian Piccolo is one that I will never forget. If you are to read this book, a few notes....The book was reissued in 2001 and has a new lengthy introduction by Gale Sayers and I would recommend reading this introduction last, after you finish the book because the introduction kind of tells what happens after the last chapter of the book, kind of a continuation of the book. Also, keep in mind that the book was written in 1970 and things were a lot different back then.
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:33 am

Ok besides the previous title, is there anyone NOT reading fiction? Come on...someone's gotta be into something that's actually informative and educational.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:29 am

awwchrist wrote:Ok besides the previous title, is there anyone NOT reading fiction? Come on...someone's gotta be into something that's actually informative and educational.

No.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Arlo » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:38 am

awwchrist wrote:Ok besides the previous title, is there anyone NOT reading fiction? Come on...someone's gotta be into something that's actually informative and educational.

I'm in the mainly fiction camp as well, but one of the things I'm reading right now is the new Namath bio (for our very first review :-) ). Not bad so far...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:29 am

I read a lot of bios, mostly boxers: a couple of Ali, Rubin Carter, and the like.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk