E=MC....uh...FF?? Who are the fantasy brainiacs here? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

E=MC....uh...FF?? Who are the fantasy brainiacs here?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:27 pm

Flux wrote:I dont mean to brag or attack anyone, but Ive just been completely frustrated as of late at peoples lack of knowledge on what business majors really are. Not all business colleges are for slackers and not all business majors are stupid! (end of rant)

LOL @ Flux

Maybe we are in the minority, but I completely see what you are talking about. Most people just dont get it - sadly.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:51 pm

Canacuna wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:I don't know how many people understand how hard putting Chemistry and Physics together at one time can be. :-t

Hell, Chemistry and Physics alone is too much for The 'Cuna - I can't imagine combining the two! :-o

Anyway, The 'Cuna is a freshman at Eastern Washington University. As for The 'Cuna's previous fantasy football successes, here's a rundown...

Year One: One league, one championship.
Year Two: Two leagues, one championship.
Year Three: Four leagues, one championship.

I dunno nuthin bout no chemistry or physics but I think that the Cuna tops out at one league.

But I sympathize - I've got ADD too.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Diablo13 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:21 am

Flux wrote:
Wesley Walker wrote:I've got 7+ years of college under my belt, and no degree. Now I'm a bicycle mechanic.

It's been my experience that a sharp mind is a real assett in fantasy football, from the draft to the waiver wire to, of course, organizing one's roster and plugging in the best possible starting lineup each week. But no, it doesn't take a brainiac.

And back to that original post for a minute: Does anyone really believe business majors are brainiacs?

I feel I must comment on this :-b

I always find that the majority of people look down on business majors. That is in a way pretty surprising to me. 1st of all, no matter what your degree is in, what your background is in, or where you work, your boss is a 'business person.' Businesses run this country and write your paycheck. These people arent stupid.

Yes I realize that there are some places where getting a degree in business is a joke, but I have found that people really have no idea that being a business major has come a LONG way from where it use to be. I graduated from The Ohio State University (yes its a rule that you have to put 'The' in front of it) in business, and our undergraduate program is ranked 13th in the country. Sure there were some people taking business classes who werent the sharpest tools in the shed but these people never were actually accepted into the program, they were just taking the classes in hopes of being admitted later. At OSU, people think pretty highly of business majors as its one of the hardest programs to get accepted to.

If I tell people from other colleges or outside of Columbus, or just whoever that Im a business major from OSU, they act as if I took slacker classes or Im just not that smart.

I dont mean to brag or attack anyone, but Ive just been completely frustrated as of late at peoples lack of knowledge on what business majors really are. Not all business colleges are for slackers and not all business majors are stupid! (end of rant)

oh yeah on to the topic - I also agree w/ smack

Yeah, I agree with smack too!
And thanks for the backup on the Business degree. Although, I just was going to refrain from humoring all of that jibber with a reply to it. (someday I too might grow up and use my business degree to be a bicycle mechanic like Wes Walker).

I had class the last two nights and haven't been able to work on these numbers. They are very ambiguous, but I know that everybody will be skeptical until something pragmatic is drawn up from the numbers. Be patient, I hope to have something soon.
Thanks for everybody who took part in it by the way.....even the pessimistic jibber jabber.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:41 am

Graduated high school, did 4 years in the Navy.

Got out. Got a job. Got married. Got a kid. Quit the job for a real job.

Stay at home dad.

I'm as dumb as a stump. I'm surprised I even know how to turn on this electric light box thing I sit at.

In my current keeper money league I'm 5-0 in getting to the Superbowl, 0-5 in winning the damn thing. Prior to that I won 3 seperate leagues in a row. All of the additional leagues I've joined over the last 5 years I don't count. I use them as test subjects. I rarely (err..actually I never) draft as I normally would for my money league.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:58 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:What's your restaurant called CS, maybe I should hit it up some time.

Lone Star Texas Grill (in Pickering)

Pickering, eh. Hmm maybe I'll check it out sometime. It's only 45 minutes away and I have a friend who lives there. I used to go a couple times a year for a baseball tournament (at the park with the nuclear power plant in center field) so if I knew then I coulda had the whole team come. Woulda been a $4.2 million dollar business after we were through ;-D

Oh, and to fit in here:

In the 2nd year of my B.Commerce, MEIF degree (Management Economics in Industry and Finance) at the University of Guelph (#1 comprehensive university in Canada ;-D )

HS is the last thing I've actually finished though (And no, it wasn't just "easy" business classes; I took Grade 13 Chem, Bio, Physics, Calculus, and Stats).

FF success :-? I've been playing 2 years I think, and last year I did pretty well in most of my leagues, but had the worst luck in one. I had more points than 2nd place had after the regular season and I didn't even make the playoffs - I finished 13th.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:14 pm

barely graduated high school, had to go to summer school.
Joined the Marines for 4yrs served 3 1/2
owned a bar
went to college
BS in Art education minor in Graphic Design

5 years FF
1999 2nd place
2000 2nd place
2001 Champ and XFL Champion (money league), ;-D (really shows my smarts)
2002 3rd (money league), and 5th 12 teams both
2003 12th (money league), and 1st 12 team leagues
2004 currently, 1st (money league), last, 1st

FF smarts isn't about what school, what grade (well maybe a little here) or gpa or SAT's how many or what kind of degrees.
FF is about paying attention to what's going on in the NFL, injuries match ups, weather, and knowing how these factor into your roster.
FF is about dumb luck, you lost cause deuce got hurt, that's dumb luck, you won cause you picked 10th out of 10 you pick C-pep, and expect to get a RB on the turn and your computer takes a crap and you get back 4 rounds later to find that you got randy moss and 2 kickers but you were well prepared and studied and had an ok draft after all. But you worked the wire and paid attention to injuries and rookie reports and of course come in here to and find out really great news like Portis broke his leg. and now your in FIRST . . Off track, back on . . Luck and FF knowlege and attention combined.

Plain and simple it's FF football smarts, playing with your mind and not with your heart, and paying attention and loving football and that's what makes a good coach.

This aint even worth 2 cents,
Looking forward to the results
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:06 pm

Redskins Win wrote:2001 Champ and XFL Champion (money league), ;-D (really shows my smarts)

Is that a pun? HE HATE ME!
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:06 am

lbjackal wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:2001 Champ and XFL Champion (money league), ;-D (really shows my smarts)

Is that a pun? HE HATE ME!

Well I didn't mean it to be, if i were to make funny would've said (reall shows my rod smarts) ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk