Best Devensive and Offensive play possible on Madden05 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Best Devensive and Offensive play possible on Madden05

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Devensive and Offensive play possible on Madden05

Postby SkinSFan22 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:19 am

What are the best D and O plays on any playbook or w.e
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:00 pm

My favorite plays on offense are:

Long Yardage: Slot Corners/Smash Corners, 4 WR Shotgun in Chicago/Houston Playbooks. 90% of the time, someone's open--either of the slot receivers who are on the corner routes, or the wide receivers who do short 5 yard curl routes. The RB in Smash Corners also runs downfield and you can occasionally hit him for a nice gain.

Short Yardage: Double Outs, Singleback, both Houston and Chicago playbooks. I almost always go to the slot receiver or the TE for this play, if the slot receiver has good speed you can almost always get a 5-10 yard gain out of this, occasionally he can even run the whole way for the score.

Defense:

I like to bring a lot of heat on defense, so I use Under Smoke in the quarter...my favorite blitz. LB Fire in the Nickel also works well a lot of the time.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:05 pm

Thunder Smoke is pretty good on D. Cover 1 is good at stopping the pass. Any of those corner routes are pretty good. I can usually get a few big gains a game running the ball with some sort of counter, either the plain i form counter or the counter lead (of course this depends on the back you are using, Anthony Thomas won the job over Jones in the preseason, so I try to run in between the tackles more.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:46 pm

HB Slam

No matter who is running it (finesse, outside runner; hard-nosed, up the middle runner) you always seem to gain a steady 6 yards or so, even on all pro...All Madden I'm averaging a good 4.5 yards every run with it...trick is to call a run to the strong side

[/b]Prevent

I like to call a Prevent play on third and long or other passing situations, except I call the only 2 linemen who rush back in a virtually unpassble zone coverage

"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:51 pm

Using Houston:

Defense:

If you think they're passing, use Dime, Engage Eight - gets me a sack or INT 50% of the time. If you think they're running, use Nickel, Over Storm Brave. They don't stand a chance :-D I also like to use a 46 defense a lot, I guess beause it stops the run with it nearly all the time, and you can also stop the pass if you send a lot fo guys into zone defense. But you can get burned using it too.

Offense:

HB slam works nicely for a first down run, and HB dive/inside usually has some holes open up, but not on the inside like they should - I can usually run off tackle for a good gain using dive/inside. And if you need 10 yards, use a hook route with your #2 WR, and it works pretty much every single time. It's good to use against the computer unless they have 2 really good CB's, but against a real person they'll catch on pretty quickly. And then there's the screen pass which works with pretty much every offense in Madden; usually good for 5 yards at least. It's a nice second down play, with your #1 WR on the fly, and if he's in single coverage, toss it up. If not, screen pass.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jaabroonii » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:00 pm

Offense - On first down I like going with the HB counter which is usually good for 5-10 yards. The long play I like is the HB corner or any play where a slot goes towards the sideline..usually hes open. Or do a little play action and send your quickest WR deep.

Defense - I usually never blitz but I love rushing the linemen from the outside to put the pressure on. I then usually play zone or man depending on the gamestyle of the other player. Usually something like a Cover 2 in a 4-3 or a 2 man deep.
jaabroonii
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Video Games