Priest Holmes--1st round savior or bust - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest Holmes--1st round savior or bust

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which running back would you select first?

Curtis Martin
100%

Total votes : 5

Priest Holmes--1st round savior or bust

Postby Footballdoc » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:56 pm

Priest Holmes had an unbelievable year last year---but can he do it again?? Holmes emerged from what started out as a running back battle with Richardson in KC last year to lead the NFL in total yards. This is the same RB that was benched late in 2000 in favor of then rookie Jamal Lewis. Holmes has had a 1000 yard rushing season in his career before, but nothing even remotely close to what he was able to accomplish in the 2001 season.

Would you take Holmes ahead of proven, perennial workhorse running backs such as Curtis Martin and Eddie George? Granted George had a down year last year, but can we legitimately count on Holmes to have another good year this year? Just wanted to hear some takes on Holmes and what would be some reasonable expectations in regards to his production for this year.
Footballdoc
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Holmes is Legit

Postby The Ethical » Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:24 am

I think Holmes is the real deal. He's always had the ability, just never a chance to fully shine. Last year he was finally given that chance. In Vermeil's system, the running back is the workhorse. So, Holmes should put up just as good numbers this year. The lack of a passing game could hurt his numbers somewhat. But, I'd still take him over Martin or George. I'd rank Holmes 5th on my running back board.
The Ethical

Friendliness: %

Postby Dabears » Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:13 pm

:-/ I'm always really shacky on picking guys who have one bust out year. I mean I gamble here and there but I rather go consrvitive and know that a guy like George or Martin will produce cause they always have for their team. Personally I don't think Priest will have a great year but I think he would e a good back up RB in the draft. ;-D
Dabears
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk