Falcons' WR Camp Notes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Falcons' WR Camp Notes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Falcons' WR Camp Notes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:08 pm

Brian Finneran displayed incredible concentration in man coverage drills. While running a slant route, the rangy wide receiver was denied a Kurt Kittner pass by CB Tyrone Williams, but fought and dove to end up with the reception before the ball touched sod.

The connections of the day, however, were from Mike Vick to Peerless Price. First, Vick lobbed a perfect pass, getting Price the ball directly between the squatting cornerback and the free safety playing his deep half in cover two.

Two plays later, it was Vick to Price again, only this time Price got by his man as the secondary was locked in man coverage and Vick hit his man with a 40-yard strike in the end zone.

A powerful move: on a slant route, in a single swift action, WR MarTay Jenkins leaped and grabbed the ball from the clutches of CB Kevin Mathis, who applied tight coverage.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:51 am

Super news for my home town team ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Enoch » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:40 am

Every camp has Super news this time of the year. Still good to hear news about camp ;-D
Enoch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cwebb » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:37 am

Is this good news, or just bad news for the defense? :-D
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cupertino_11 » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:37 am

Definately the addition of Price elevates the value of the second and third WR for the Falcons. Finneran, already a decent WR last year, should continue to see his stats increase slightly over last years. Jenkins can't do much worse than he did in Arizona, but I don't see him faring much better either. Not much fantasy merit for him. Overall, Price's and Jenkins' fantasy value remains even, Finneran's goes up a notch (small) and Vick's drops a bit due to there not being as much of a necessity to scramble and make plays. Price will take away a couple of Vick's runs per game.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:14 pm

i think Finn will keep the #2 WR spot. He's shown us a lot last year, and I think he will just get better throughout the camps.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Slingblade » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:13 pm

Slowkidz wrote:i think Finn will keep the #2 WR spot. He's shown us a lot last year, and I think he will just get better throughout the camps.

yep...finneran will have more catches than price....vick counts on finn to move the chains
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk