Return to Pittsburgh Steelers

ARE.

Moderator: Football Moderators

ARE.

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:02 pm

Steelers Notebook: Do-it-all Randle El would like to do more

Wednesday, June 11, 2003
By Ed Bouchette, Post-Gazette Sports Writer

Antwaan Randle El caught the ball, threw it, ran with it and returned it on punts and kickoffs as a rookie. There would seem to be little more he could do on a football field in his second season as a receiver.

He disagrees.

"I think I may be asked to do a little bit more, and I'm always up for that. Given the opportunity, that's what I want to do."

Randle El did more things with a football in his rookie season than anyone on the team. His 47 receptions ranked third on the team.

He ran 19 times for 134 yards. He lined up at quarterback and completed seven of eight passes. He led the team with 733 yards on 32 kickoff returns, including a 99-yard touchdown. He also led them with 37 punt returns.

The only things he did not do with the football was snap it or kick it.

"I'm not sure when I say I'll do more, but I know different packages will come throughout the season. Maybe I'll throw the ball a little more, run a little more, whatever it may be. I'm always up for doing that."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:02 pm

I know it sounds funny but I really think he could do more and will in the near future, the guy is so quick and slippery. I think returns will be his forte for a LONG time.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers