trade - Anthony Thomas for Troy Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

trade - Anthony Thomas for Troy Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

trade - Anthony Thomas for Troy Brown

Postby mialmipe » Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:48 pm

I am in a league w/brother-in-law. This is my first league. I proposed a trade - Anthony Thomas(mine) for Hines Ward(his).

He rejected my trade and proposed instead Troy Brown(his).

I need a decent receiver, and am all set w/RB's.

Should I accept or is this a lousy offer?
mialmipe

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Hold on to Thomas

Postby NYGiants » Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:57 pm

Brother in law or not I think your getting taken to the cleaners! Hold onto the A-train.
NYGiants
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kashikis » Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:07 pm

dont do this trade for the love of god

a-train is worth way more than either of those players he is well worthy of a 2nd tier WR like a holt or tim brown or kevin johnson ok so dont give him away for less than a player like that
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Riggo » Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:18 pm

Please don't trade at all this whole season. If you would even think about a trade like that you must not know very much about football. Put it this way, the very LEAST you should get for the A-TRAIN should be Keyshawn Johnson. You need to get a WR from a team that has a stud QB. And Kordell Stewart is not. Your brother-in-law should have taken you to the cleaners when you wanted Hines Ward but I guess he doesn't know much either.

Hold on to A-Train. RB's get hurt all the time and you will need him.

Riggo ;-D
Riggo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Whoo Doggy!!

Postby buzz628 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:48 pm

Boy, what the heck were you thinking? What the heck was your Bro-N-Law thinking?
I agree with everybody else here. You need to not make any trades until you run them by us here.
A-Train can get you a top notch WR. Don't settle for less
My League: 2 QB; 4 RB; 4 WR; 2 TE; 2 K; 2 DEF

My Team: Manning/B.Johnson;Holmes/S.Davis/Henry/W. Green;Moulds/Burress/Troy Brown/Schroeder;Gonzales/Crumpler;Janikowski/Kasay;Rams/Bengals
buzz628
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby n_tremain23 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:43 pm

A-Train carries the load for the Bears and wears down opponents with his powerful running-style.There's not much of a chance of him getting hurt (Defenders he's playing have a better chance,ha).Stick with him unless you get a really good offer.But I agree,come to us with any trade offers,we will gladly help you with anything you encounter in your first season.
n_tremain23

Postby Homefront Security » Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:13 pm

A-TRAIN IS THE MAN!! Stick with him, he's a starter in any fantasy leauge as long as he's healthy. Who are your other two RB's that you are so "set" at the position without A-Train?
Homefront Security

Postby Homefront Security » Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:15 pm

Troy Brown isn't that good anyway.
Homefront Security

Postby a1doug182 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:07 am

A Train is a top ten RB and should get a top five WR in return. He is worth more than any of the WRs mentioned in this thread including Keyshawn. RBs are more scarce than WRs and it gets worse as the season goes on. Unless you are in a league that heavily favors WRs then look for a team in need of a RB and a surplus of WRs and try and work something out with them that will bring in a top 5-8 WR at least. If you can't then hang on to him and wait till someone is in trouble at thier RB position. You should be able to do this and stay competative if you have enough depth to trade A Train & you should be able to pick up a WR that is at least servicable until you are able to trade him for equal value. Just remember that WR is the most plentiful positition and also they are not as consistant as RBs or QBs.
a1doug182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby terpfan » Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:57 am

this is just very strange. brown is better than ward and thomas is MUCH BETTER than either.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk