T.J. Houshmandzadeh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby phunkadelic » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:49 am

Paladyr wrote:
phunkadelic wrote:When healthy, Warrick and TJ share punt returns (that's how it's always been, and will remain). On kick-offs, TJ splits returns with Kenny Watson (even though they don't seem set on these two guys.

TJ is an extremely good receiver, better than Washington. He kinda has a mouth on him though. Marvin Lewis seems to like him as he kept him on the roster all last year even though he was injured (if he was on the IR which I don't think he was, it wasn't until later in the season). He cut some pretty good WR/Special teamers in Ron Dugans and Danny Farmer to keep TJ around.

I see TJ easily being the #3 receiver, and #2 when Warrick is hurt - which will be off and on all season, probably more often than most people think.

I disagree. TJ is a very average receiver. He had a good game this last week but in the weeks before he dropped some big passes. I remember one that would've been a TD, he caught out of bounds when he very easily could've stayed in bounds. He's just not going to be a very steady performer as they won't specifcally design plays for him like they did warrick last year in the red zone.

I'm not basing my opinion of his abilities on his performance Sunday. I was actually less than impressed with him this Sunday. But he has made some amazing catches over the past 3 years that have impressed me very much. And his mobility should produce plenty of YAC.

I'm not suggesting people should go picking him up in all of their FF leagues, I haven't picked him up in any of mine, but he's a decent pick up in a deep league where most of the #1 and #2 receivers are already taken and you need some more WR help.
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bwzabodyn » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:50 am

Hoosh-man-zah-da
Formerly bzabodyn (over 1000 posts) - but I was deactivated!!! Poop on you!!!
bwzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk