Thomas Jones Haters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones Haters

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Birdman » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:53 am

If Grossman is out, then his numbers will infortunately probably decline.
Birdman Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby East Bay Ray » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:33 am

Birdman wrote:If Grossman is out, then his numbers will infortunately probably decline.

If Rex Grossman was good then I'd say his numbers would decline. If defenses don't realize that TJ is the Bears offense, then they are analyzing things too deeply.

I have TJ and he is certainly a surprise to me. He's the man in goal line situations (most of the time) and he's not splitting time with A-Train. I grabbed him in the 5th round so he's ok with me. Its still only the 3rd game, so at this time, I'll say hes a great #2 back.
East Bay Ray
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The_Commish » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:42 am

Osk wrote:t.jones is overrated... he won't keep up these crazy numbres. he'll have an okay season.. but i still don't care that I don't own him in any league.. and I don't fear playing the owners that have him.. he's nothing special. 3 weeks does not make a season..

Keep telling yourself that. Okay season will be a Top 10 back.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr_Spine » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:24 pm

i dont think people realize that Jones is the center of the offense. like how Priest and LT are the center of their offenses. That is why he will do well, Rushing and catching passes. like how everyone one thought Priest Holmes SUCKED when he was in Baltimore. then he goes to KC, and becomes the center of the offense, he blew up. Jones will have a very good year this year. once they get the act together he will be even better next year.
GO BEARS!
Dr_Spine Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:32 pm

I had an eye on Jones as a guy who could be a decent number two option at RB. I never thought he would do this well. It is the TDs that surprises me. I didn't think the Bears would have 4 TDs as a team through week three, much less one player having 4.

I think he will continue to do well. Quinn sucks, but Grossman wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire. As long as Quinn can throw little dump off passes, I think Jones will be OK.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:33 pm

3 weeks doesnt erase 5 years of complete bustness. comparing him to priest and LT is just ridiculous.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:39 pm

Comparing him to LT is ridiculous; LT was a high first round pick who didn't miss a beat going to the NFL and seems to get better every year.

Comparing him to Holmes is not a stretch. Holmes wasn't even drafted and was a backup in Baltimore when they drafted Lewis. He finally got a chance to play in a great system for a RB, and the rest is history. I'm not saying Jones will put up Holmes numbers; he wont because the Bears don't have a QB who can convert third downs consistently, or quite as good of a line. However, there are some similarities with Holmes, the main one being teams were too quick to write them off.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr_Spine » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:30 pm

I was not comparing Jones' ability to LT's Ability...LT is by far a better athlete. I was just stating that Jones is the focal point of the bears offense the same way Priest and LT are the focal points of KC & SDs offense. Jones is also a high draft pick. first round, #7 pick. but he got stuck in the Arizona pithole where he was not able to shine. then when he went to Tampa Bay, he was splitting carries w/ pittman and never given a FULL Chance to be The Man. if you watch the Bears games, he is the main focus and gets the most touches of the ball. they Rush him and throw passes to him as much as they do in KC & SD to Priest & LT.
GO BEARS!
Dr_Spine Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jmo » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:35 pm

Man do I feel like a jackass. I loved this guy before the season, he was my ultimate sleeper before it was fashionable. I tried to get him late and BOOM, he was swiped in the 4th round. The only reason he want so early was not because someone was onto him, but because RBs went so fast in our draft, even the worst of guys went early. To offer proof of my early bandwagon hitch, here is the post I started.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=
Roster: 12 Team League
QB: Palmer, Plummer
RB: S. Alexander, J. Lewis, J Jones, S Jackson, Gado
WR: Mason, R Williams, Engram, Chatman, Ferguson
TE: Witten
DEF: Jax
K: Stover
jmo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:54 pm

Yep, Thomas Jones has proved all the haters wrong. I think I stayed pretty neutral with him, never said he was going to be top 10, but never said he would fail to reach the top 30 or something like that. In fact, in my last set of rankings, I had him at #14, but ahead of Chris Brown.

And his success has proved that the best draft strategy in competitive leagues this year was:

1st round- Moss
2nd round- Manning
3rd round- Gonzo
4th round- Thomas Jones
5th round- Chris Brown

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk