Thomas Jones Haters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones Haters

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:20 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Yep, Thomas Jones has proved all the haters wrong. I think I stayed pretty neutral with him, never said he was going to be top 10, but never said he would fail to reach the top 30 or something like that. In fact, in my last set of rankings, I had him at #14, but ahead of Chris Brown.

And his success has proved that the best draft strategy in competitive leagues this year was:

1st round- Moss
2nd round- Manning
3rd round- Gonzo
4th round- Thomas Jones
5th round- Chris Brown
Heh, depends on how late you drafted. TJ and Brown were going 3rd round near the end of the preseason. But if you drafted in the first week and went like that, you are probably the most feared team in the league.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:25 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:Yep, Thomas Jones has proved all the haters wrong. I think I stayed pretty neutral with him, never said he was going to be top 10, but never said he would fail to reach the top 30 or something like that. In fact, in my last set of rankings, I had him at #14, but ahead of Chris Brown.

And his success has proved that the best draft strategy in competitive leagues this year was:

1st round- Moss
2nd round- Manning
3rd round- Gonzo
4th round- Thomas Jones
5th round- Chris Brown
Heh, depends on how late you drafted. TJ and Brown were going 3rd round near the end of the preseason. But if you drafted in the first week and went like that, you are probably the most feared team in the league.

Well, that's a good point. I did all my drafts from early to mid August, so that's what I'm going by. But even later in the offseason, you could probably still have gotten Jones in the 3rd and Brown in the 4th. You still would have an unstoppable team.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:29 pm

The fact that we were able to get T. Jones and C. Brown in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds just shows that most people don't know what the hell they are doing in fantasy football.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby The_Commish » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:51 pm

Don't put words into people's mouth. He never compared Jones skills to LT. But rather being the focal point of the offense.

If you think TJ is overrated and will bust, you haven't seen him run this year. The guy does not dance to the holes anymore (which was his problem to begin with). He's the one delivering the blows to defenders nowadays.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Impressionable » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:55 pm

I picked up Chris Brown and Thomas Jones for dirt in the later rounds since we had an early draft in one of my leagues. I haven't looked back and now they are my starters instead of 2 guys I drafted earlier.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Canacuna » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:59 pm

The 'Cuna can admit when he's wrong. I was definitely a Thomas Jones basher (you can probably run a search and quote me saying something along the lines of an A-Train comeback if you were bored enough).

Good job Thomas Jones - you really showed those mediocre defenses who's boss! Eh, I won't go there again... I'm just bitter I don't have him on any of my rosters, I 'spose.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:05 pm

I am still a T Jones hater. I think that he will come crashing down to Earth and have his job threatened by A Train. I just have a harder time convincing myself lately.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby xJoeV55x » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:21 pm

Unless Quinn does anything decent

Defense's are gonna be stacking the line to stop TJ
Go 9ers
xJoeV55x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk