Which day starts the new week, Sunday or Monday? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Which day starts the new week, Sunday or Monday?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which day starts the new week, Sunday or Monday?

Sunday
57%
Monday
43%

Total votes : 35

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:48 pm

MeShawn wrote:I still believe that Sunday is the "week-end", and since school/work begins on Monday, Monday is the first day of the week.

I competely, and totally, agree with you.

Also, Sunday is the Sabbath, the day of rest, the 7th day, as in, I've worked my butt of the last 6 days, let me rest on the LAST day of the week.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:50 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:
MeShawn wrote:I still believe that Sunday is the "week-end", and since school/work begins on Monday, Monday is the first day of the week.

Also, Sunday is the Sabbath, the day of rest, the 7th day, as in, I've worked my butt of the last 6 days, let me rest on the LAST day of the week.
Well I am not Jewish so I don't partipate in the Sabbath.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:52 pm

Tiki wrote:
Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:

Actually, that would be practiced by Christians.
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tiki » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:05 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:
Tiki wrote:
Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:

Actually, that would be practiced by Christians.
Sorry forgot that for the jewish it's on Sat.!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:07 pm

Mondays are the start of the week, nobody dreads Sundays, they dread the beginning of the next week aka Mondays.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:07 am

Sunday is the first day of the week for 2 reasons:

1) It's the first day of the week on calendars

and more importantly,

2) In FF, weeks containing games starting on Sunday and ending on Monday or in some cases Thursday are considered to be in the same week, ie: in week 3 Tampa played Oakland on Sunday, and in Week 3 Dallas will play Washington in Week 3. Both in the same week, so there's no way Monday can be the start of a new week, and since Sunday was our only other option, and is globally recognized as the first day of the week, it is indeed, the first day of the week.

:-D

(Gonna take a while to get used to emoticons with helments on, ya can't even see the face. :-? <---- this looks like a guy who got his ass kicked, as opposed to looking like Eric Gagne on the baseball side)
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tman570 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:15 am

Monday is the beginning of the week. Sunday is part of the week-END.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:29 pm

Come on guys, do people say, "I'm going home for the week-start? NO! How can you consider Sunday the start of the week?
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LBJackal » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:33 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:Come on guys, do people say, "I'm going home for the week-start? NO! How can you consider Sunday the start of the week?

No, you go away for the weekend - usually that means you're going away on Friday or Saturday. Which is the weekEND. Then you go back home on Sunday, the weekSTART. A week can't end on two days, it ends on one; Saturday. When you say you're going out on the weekend do you go out Saturday night or Sunday night?
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:21 pm

lbjackal wrote:
Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:Come on guys, do people say, "I'm going home for the week-start? NO! How can you consider Sunday the start of the week?

No, you go away for the weekend - usually that means you're going away on Friday or Saturday. Which is the weekEND. Then you go back home on Sunday, the weekSTART. A week can't end on two days, it ends on one; Saturday. When you say you're going out on the weekend do you go out Saturday night or Sunday night?

Uh, this is crazy reasoning. When people say they're leaving for the weekend they mean Saturday and Sunday. The day back is still part of the trip. Saying that the weekend is one day is ludicrous, everyone knows the term weekend refers to Saturday and Sunday.

Sunday is the last day of the week, Monday is the first day.

The work week starts Monday, etc. And if you're religious, there's the whole creation of the world thing which has the world being created in a week, the first day of which is Monday, and the last (rest) is Sunday.
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk