kanezfan11 wrote: Flux wrote:
This is the dumbest argument I have ever heard
Someone shouldv'e thought to do this ALOT earlier...
Just because its in a book doesnt mean it is True. Lots of books out there don't know what the hell they are talking about. Who publishes that dictionary anyways? And what are their agendas? Who is Webster to tell me anything?
Mama said that yous the devil!-Bobby Bouche
The calendar arguement is good, but flawed. The calender, all calendars are based on RELIGION. Christians Catholics believe on Cleansing on sunday to welcome the new week. Wash away last weeks sins and start off clean. As for the Saturday thing i dont know much about that religion. Not to mention Calenders just place Saturday and Sunday at the ends to make it look better is all about symetry.
Cmon guys lets use common sense without much outside bias. Just you me and all the other people reponding to this thread.
1. When you plan a Weekend getaway to Vegas or where-ever you go. When does it generally start and end? Starts friday ends Sunday. We all generally need to be back by Sunday never Saturday. Have you ever planned a vacation to begin on SUNDAY and end on SATURDAY. NEVER. Seriously have you ever planned anything to begin on SUNDAY AND END ON SATURDAY. I think not.
2. Do schools start classes on Sunday or Monday? Start on Monday. When do classes normally end? Friday and Saturday(Some students do have class on saturday)
3. Work week, pay periods, most business information refers to DATES not days. But we all generally start our work week or OPEN on MONDAY and close on Friday.
4. In everyday talk has anyone ever seriously mentioned SUNDAY as the beginning to the week, besides religion(which is extremely outdated like the Constitution.) Please give me an example.
5. Football ends on SUNDAY, even Monday for two teams. But planning and practice all leads up to the End of the WEEK Sunday. Can't have a game unless you prepare first.
Oh man this can be debated both ways much like anything. Its about the TRIP not the DRUG.
Im with FLOCKERS. Another thing erase everything we have learned and posted.
Can you seriously tell me that Sunday is the beginning of your week.