Any arguements agaisnt Manning? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Any arguements agaisnt Manning?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Any arguements agaisnt Manning?

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:04 am

goleafsgo96 wrote:I know i COULD take this over to the chat, but i want everybody to hear this. I know this is just 1 game, but Peyton Manning IS without a doubt the best QB in the NFL right now, and he is proving why.

by "best" do you mean:

stat wise: yes he has the numbers

record-wise: has a great record...im sure someone else has a better record...not sure

playoff-wise: he is terrible

personally: i think he is good

more importantly....fantasy-wise: this season mcnabb and c-pep are leading in that category
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

goleafsgo96 wrote:I know i COULD take this over to the chat, but i want everybody to hear this. I know this is just 1 game, but Peyton Manning IS without a doubt the best QB in the NFL right now, and he is proving why.

by "best" do you mean:

record-wise: has a great record...im sure someone else has a better record...not sure

more importantly....fantasy-wise: this season mcnabb and c-pep are leading in that category
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

sorry guys...my computer is trippin...thats the second time i did this today...
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:37 am

Super Bowl victories should only be used as a tie-breaker when the numbers are close. Brady doesn't even come close to Mannings numbers. Do you think Derek Jeter is a better shortstop then Alex Rodriguez? (If you watch baseball) Certainly not. Where was Brady in 2002 anyways? Heres a hint: not in the playoffs. McNabb and Manning were both there. What 3 QBs would you take over what 3 in the top list? I'll give you Brady, but would you seriously rather have Jim Plunkett then Daunte Culpepper? I just don't see the logic that you can completely disregard stats because the guy has two super bowl rings. I find it sort of dumb actually. (Also, Jim Kelly should have had at least one ring, but Scott Norwood can't kick)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bungle613 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:07 am

Sorry Sweet, not a baseball fan. I understand where you are coming from and it is a valid argument. Just not an argument you can win against me. Numbers are meaningless unless you win when it counts.

Yeah... a huge Vikings fan and yes, I will take Plunkett, Brady and McMahon over Culpepper. The Vikings will never win a Superbowl with Culpepper leading them. Culpepper has massive stats every week (or nearly every week) but will not and can not win as the QB and leader of the VIkings UNLESS he chages some things. 6-4, 264 pounds and the hands of a little girl. Hold onto the ball stupid. Stop listening and letting your wr's dictate what you are thinking and how you are playing. Started with Carter.... continues with Moss. IT's in his head that he must do this, must do that, get in trouble...rifle the ball to Moss and see what happens. HE is getting slightly better but not much.

Others... McNabb... watch how many passes he actually throw to his wr. Not around his wr, I mean to his wr's. At the feet, 2 feet ahead, 2 feet behind, over his head...everything, nad magnified when there is pressure. Watch Mannings closely when he is flustered. FLustered by either pressure, perceived pressure, time limits etc... the guy has happy feet. Dancing, bouncing teh anger and frustration rising in him. Not interested in any of this. Give me the guy who walks onto the field as THE leader and knows he will win.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:40 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:

by "best" do you mean:

why do you say he is terrible playoff wise?
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:57 pm

bungle613 wrote:Sorry Sweet, not a baseball fan. I understand where you are coming from and it is a valid argument. Just not an argument you can win against me. Numbers are meaningless unless you win when it counts.

Yeah... a huge Vikings fan and yes, I will take Plunkett, Brady and McMahon over Culpepper. The Vikings will never win a Superbowl with Culpepper leading them. Culpepper has massive stats every week (or nearly every week) but will not and can not win as the QB and leader of the VIkings UNLESS he chages some things. 6-4, 264 pounds and the hands of a little girl. Hold onto the ball stupid. Stop listening and letting your wr's dictate what you are thinking and how you are playing. Started with Carter.... continues with Moss. IT's in his head that he must do this, must do that, get in trouble...rifle the ball to Moss and see what happens. HE is getting slightly better but not much.

Others... McNabb... watch how many passes he actually throw to his wr. Not around his wr, I mean to his wr's. At the feet, 2 feet ahead, 2 feet behind, over his head...everything, nad magnified when there is pressure. Watch Mannings closely when he is flustered. FLustered by either pressure, perceived pressure, time limits etc... the guy has happy feet. Dancing, bouncing teh anger and frustration rising in him. Not interested in any of this. Give me the guy who walks onto the field as THE leader and knows he will win.
No way would I rather have McMahon or Plunkett over Culpepper. Culpepper is far better numbers wise, and McMahon was always hurt (never played a whole season)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bungle613 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:24 pm

But that's my whole argument Sweet. I want a guy who knows how to win, believes he will win and does win. Numbers mean nothing to me. Culpepper can throw 50 touchdowns to Moss thisyear... great for my fantasy team (actually, I don't have them so it would be bad) and great for my regular season record. Everyone will talk about how great Culpepper is, how dominant he is... and then if we get shelled in the playoffs it just doesn't matter. Ask Marino what he would rather have. A ring or his stats?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:30 pm

Just wondering, who do you think is the greatest QB of all time?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bungle613 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:36 pm

As much as I hate to admit it and never would to a couple of buddies of mine who are Niner fans... Young and Montana are the 2 greatest QB's I have ever seen play. I'm sure arguments can be made for earlier QB's but I never saw them play. Bradshaw is a little before my time, Favre is a true winner, Plunkett...same deal. A winner.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting