Pass On Peyton! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pass On Peyton!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Sandwich » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:10 am

Try to think of a QB who isn't a risk to be a bust....
Can't do it can you? Maybe not worth a first 2 Rd pick in my opinion (of corse in my opinion no QB is) But he is still a top 5 QB. With the depth at QB I think he is a good risk as long as you pick up a quality starter as backup.
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:49 am

If someone told me I'd win a million dollars if I correctly picked a QB that would throw 25+ TDs next year, I'd pick Manning. Will he be the best? Doubtful. But I think he's the least risky.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:26 pm

I would only pass on peyton if it were the 1st, 2nd, and perhaps the 3rd round. after that i think he is a good solid qb. yea a 2nd wr opition isnt a opition right now in indy but with edge and 2 great te's (which u said did not exist) i think he could be a very good qb. i expect less int's due to the colts going back to a 2 te offense again, edge will have alot more rushing yrds which means more ball control. dont be a fool he is a top 8 qb.

Friendliness: %

Postby GreenBay4Life » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:27 pm

opps that was me

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Enoch » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:24 pm

The Sandwich wrote:Try to think of a QB who isn't a risk to be a bust....
Can't do it can you? Maybe not worth a first 2 Rd pick in my opinion (of corse in my opinion no QB is) But he is still a top 5 QB. With the depth at QB I think he is a good risk as long as you pick up a quality starter as backup.

Not sure if I would put him in the top 5 of QBs, but still he would be nice to have
Enoch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Endzone Express » Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:29 am

VIPER wrote:
Slowkidz wrote:lookout weezy!! i think i hear the stampede of Colt fans on the board!!!!!

oh...waitaminute...i don't think we have any....hehehe

i dont think he'll be that bad. edge will return which should open up the passing game...and wayne came along well last season and should be a good compliment to harrison. the two te set will return and pollard will start scoring like he used to do...all in all, i don't think they'll be all that bad...

Agree totally. And to add to that all he had was Harrison last season and look what he did. 4200yrds and 29td's ain't to shabby!! I'll take that season every time. :-B

ME TOO! ;-D
[img][/img]

It is a special time and a special place... where young men go in search of fame... each sharing a common goal: To Win A National Championship!

There is NO PLACE like NEBRASKA!
Endzone Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dan Bonez » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:00 am

If one thing Peyton Manning has been over his career, it is consistent. How can you deny four straight 4,000 yard passing seasons, with no games missed? Also, I believe he's averaged around 27 TDs passing in these past four seasons. Ridiculous numbers.

The man has Favre-like durability and has a great offense. He's probably 3rd or 4th ranked FF QB, after McNabb, Culpepper, and maybe Vick.

Edge should be back, Reggie Wayne is set to have a solid season, and Peyton could have a career year(which, by his standards, could be HUGE).
Dan Bonez
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Pass On Peyton!

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:23 am

ScreamingWeasel wrote:Peyton Manning (and the Colts) are on a long down-hill slide, and you're crazy if you waste a high draft pick on him.

The key word here being high.
All you guys talking about how great Manning is,
and then talking about the 3rd or 4th(!) round,
are agreeing with me as far as I can see!
:-)
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:47 am

i was in 6 leagues last year and i never picked a qb higher than the 6th round, high for me would be 3rd or 4th
it appears to me and i would agree that the general concences is that manning is probably a top 5 or around the 5th best qb out there and maybe the most consistent.my guess is that he wont be around in the 5th round ,if he was i would probably break my streak and grab him
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby t-love » Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:08 am

YOu can grab QBS from the bargain bin that will have as good of year as Manning, if you know where to look. I didnt take any QBs until the final few rounds and I ended up with Rich Gannon and Aaron Brooks. Not too shabby. Whoever said that Manning is averaging 27 tds I think is a little exagerrated. Maybe not. Anyone know the exact stat?
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk