Tommy Gun - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tommy Gun

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tommy Gun

Postby Homeless » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:43 pm

The News
The Steelers have decided to wait until next year to give Tommy Maddox a raise. Maddox is the lowest paid starter in the league, and he makes less than backup Charlie Batch. "It's an unusual situation," Maddox told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I don't know if it's ever happened before in the NFL. I think sometimes, if you start thinking about it and let it get to you, it starts bothering you."

Maddox has been promised a pot of gold if he plays well again in 2003. The carrot is being dangled and we shall see if Maddox chases it successfully. As fantasy owners, we love to hear about a player with that much riding on a season. Maddox should be solid, if he can stay healthy.

He cant afford to buy bullets for his gun!

Seriously this isnt right ! he is the starting QB and whilst I wont say he should be paid vast sums of money, he shouldnt be the lowest paid starter in the league ! :-t
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby slowkidz » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:45 pm

they just released another player clearing up about 800k in their cap. hopefully the stillers will take some of that, if not all and give it to the poor guy...how's he supposed to feed his family on that little amount of money anywho??
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:49 pm

Tommy is a football player,he knows his paycheck is far beyond what most make in this country.He wants to win and he is confident that he will do well and get his just reward.This changes nothing,it has just become the nature of the game.Tommy will rise above the snotty nosed overpaid brats in the league and play the game he loves and earn what he deserves...like it should be.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Slingblade » Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:05 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Tommy is a football player,he knows his paycheck is far beyond what most make in this country.He wants to win and he is confident that he will do well and get his just reward.This changes nothing,it has just become the nature of the game.Tommy will rise above the snotty nosed overpaid brats in the league and play the game he loves and earn what he deserves...like it should be.

AMEN
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk