Pittman a good pickup? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pittman a good pickup?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DaChiefs » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:36 pm

You started Emmit, so you can't drop him until tomorrow. If he was on your bench you could drop him for Pittman. Depending on where you are, try around 2am eastern if your dedicated. If not he should be available tomorrow morning.

thanks, im gonna try to get him tonight.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rockingout » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:40 pm

this is a hot topic! along with the DD injury. we need more info.
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:54 pm

DaChiefs wrote:
You started Emmit, so you can't drop him until tomorrow. If he was on your bench you could drop him for Pittman. Depending on where you are, try around 2am eastern if your dedicated. If not he should be available tomorrow morning.

thanks, im gonna try to get him tonight.

put on a pot of coffee...or just the pot. :-D

good luck.....I'd stay up & grab him at 2am cause he'll be gone if u wait till the crack of dawn. ;-D
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:19 pm

They did say that Garner suffered a knee sprain. It looked more like an ACL or MCL, hell it could've been the whole damn alphabet. He made a cut at speed and the knee buckled. He'll miss some time for sure.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby mysteryhunt » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:11 am

Garner could miss rest of season with right knee injury
By JANIE McCAULEY, AP Sports Writer
September 27, 2004

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Tampa Bay running back Charlie Garner is likely lost for the season after tearing the patella tendon in his right knee during Sunday night's loss to the Oakland Raiders.

``We lost a couple of key players,'' coach Jon Gruden said after the Buccaneers' 30-20 loss. ``We probably lost Charlie for the season.''

It wasn't immediately known whether Garner would need surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT
Starting Tampa Bay tight end Rickey Dudley didn't return after halftime with what team officials said was a broken right thumb.

Garner was carted off in the second quarter. He carried the ball on first-and-10 and slipped and appeared to twist his right leg. A teammate and a Raiders' defender also tripped over him.

``That's my guy. My prayers are with him. It looks like a pretty serious injury,'' Oakland cornerback Charles Woodson said.

Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon left in the first quarter after taking a helmet-to-helmet hit by linebacker Derrick Brooks.

Gannon ran 2 yards on third-and-goal during Oakland's first offensive series, and was stopped at the 5 by Brooks. The 38-year-old Gannon grimaced in pain on the ground, but walked off the field on his own looking groggy.

He was examined by trainers, then left the field as backup Kerry Collins started warming up. Gannon was taken to the locker room for examination of his back, then returned to the sideline in the second half wearing a jacket and cap and his uniform pants.

The Raiders settled for Sebastian Janikowski's 23-yard field goal on the drive.

Gannon wasn't made available after the game.

Coach Norv Turner said Gannon had hurt his neck, but said, ``It doesn't seem to be too serious.''
mysteryhunt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:39 am

who would you rather have on your team if you had to choose 1:

Stecker or Pittman
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DaChiefs » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:43 am

good luck.....I'd stay up & grab him at 2am cause he'll be gone if u wait till the crack of dawn.

damn its 2:45 eastern and they still havent updated it yet. Anyone know if they usually get it done by a certain time or does it sometimes not update till later?
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LBJackal » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:15 am

I think it's 3AM eastern that they update things. And that's on the best of days........ maybe the guy that said 2AM is in the central time zone.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby T-DIDDY » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:30 am

THAT SUCKS! I was going to pick him up last week but chose to get Rhodes instead thinking he might start. Now I won't be able to get him because I am the best team in the league and have last pick at the WW.
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Rockingout » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:20 pm

Buccaneers running back Charlie Garner is likely to miss the rest of the season after tearing the patella tendon in his right knee during the week three game against the Raiders. "We probably lost Charlie for the season," Bucs head coach Jon Gruden told the Associated Press after the game.

Looks like a great pick up now!!! Pittman will start next week and get the bulk of the carries
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk