I hate the FFT Forum - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I hate the FFT Forum

Moderator: Football Moderators

I hate the FFT Forum

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:10 pm

Every single thread in there is a debate over whether the post is in the wrong post or not.

Unless you are Hammie, a mod or an admin, just leave it alone.

Respond to good posts and ignore bad posts.

When were all of you guys deputized anyways?

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:45 pm

youre just asking to start another argument with this thread mookie, i suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself as well (no offense, but this could be trouble)
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:54 pm

I think its probably just an adjustment phase, on a couple of fronts, first, lots of new members and second, the webhamster going in there and clamping down on misplaced threads.

Give it a couple of weeks and it will settle down again. ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Teck » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:02 pm

I think it'll all blow over in a couple weeks..
The people that dont like it will leave, and that's good cause all they do is bitch , and the real members will stay.
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: I hate the FFT Forum

Postby awwchrist » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:09 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Every single thread in there is a debate over whether the post is in the wrong post or not.

I, for one, welcome our new Webhamster overlord.

anyone?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: I hate the FFT Forum

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:21 am

awwchrist wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Every single thread in there is a debate over whether the post is in the wrong post or not.

I, for one, welcome our new Webhamster overlord.

anyone?

I very much like him, and hopefully if he's the only one doing the deed that would be fine with me. It doesn't give new members a person to throw their anger against except for the Hamster...who as I said before is the robot version of a stress ball, or a punching bag, or maybe one of those old WWF Bed Buddies that you could use as a pillow or a beat-down doll. :-b

It doesn't hurt him, and no one else gets attacked! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:04 am

As ive said before, im glad he's here.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:22 am

Homeless wrote:I think its probably just an adjustment phase, on a couple of fronts, first, lots of new members and second, the webhamster going in there and clamping down on misplaced threads.

Give it a couple of weeks and it will settle down again. ;-D

Third, regulars going into these threads and arguing with people posting in the wrong forum.

I do think that it will all get sorted out soon but I went into the FFT Forum last night and, even avoiding the locked threads, 3 of 4 threads that I read devolved into a wrong forum/get stuffed debate.

Also there is a legitimate issue over where the line between the FFT Forum and the start sit/cheering venting/draft trade and general talk Forums should be drawn. Arlo and menyak gave this discretion to the mods to exercise. The regulars should assume that if a thread has not been moved, that the mods have decided that it can stay.

This will get sorted out eventually, but we will lose a number of members over these arguments.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:36 am

I havent been on much lately b/c im moving and have very limited internet access....

But all Im going to add is that the FFT is a place Im definitely trying to avoid even opening. Lately, anything posted has been useless and its all b/c it is 'wrong forum' type of stuff. Its easy to say just let the hampster/mods take care of it, but it is perhaps the most frustrating thing to open a forum and see nothing worth reading.

I know mookie youve said before that vets/regulars should post in the other forums more b/c that is what ultimately leads to 'wrong forum' posts. When I have internet access I do tend to post in those, but the problem is, as soon as Ive made one post, its already 5-10 down the list. There is just a HUGE flood of new posts in ALL forums that its impossible to keep up with.

I dont want new members leaving, but if they cant read the 'guidelines' and follow them, or if they get offended by someone saying 'wrong forum' then thats their own fault. I have seen a HUGE decline in veterans/regulars actually posting in any threads. Losing members is always a bad thing, but personally I would rather lose a new person who posts in the wrong forum, rather than a regular who has contributed greatly to this site.

Nobody has deputized me or anyone else, but we all are allowed to continue to voice our opinions and our frustrations.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:25 am

Flux wrote:I havent been on much lately b/c im moving and have very limited internet access....

But all Im going to add is that the FFT is a place Im definitely trying to avoid even opening. Lately, anything posted has been useless and its all b/c it is 'wrong forum' type of stuff. Its easy to say just let the hampster/mods take care of it, but it is perhaps the most frustrating thing to open a forum and see nothing worth reading.

I know mookie youve said before that vets/regulars should post in the other forums more b/c that is what ultimately leads to 'wrong forum' posts. When I have internet access I do tend to post in those, but the problem is, as soon as Ive made one post, its already 5-10 down the list. There is just a HUGE flood of new posts in ALL forums that its impossible to keep up with.

I dont want new members leaving, but if they cant read the 'guidelines' and follow them, or if they get offended by someone saying 'wrong forum' then thats their own fault. I have seen a HUGE decline in veterans/regulars actually posting in any threads. Losing members is always a bad thing, but personally I would rather lose a new person who posts in the wrong forum, rather than a regular who has contributed greatly to this site.

Nobody has deputized me or anyone else, but we all are allowed to continue to voice our opinions and our frustrations.

Good post ;-D

I can't disagree with anything that you've said.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Next

Return to General Talk