Is this ethical? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is this ethical?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is this ethical?

Postby AGENT » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:24 pm

Currently I am 2-0 in my league and lead my division. The team I played against had three guys in his starting lineup this week that were on bye. He went away on vacation and after one of the owners in my league brought it to the attention of the commish The commish went ahead and called the owner to tell him to drop the players that are on bye week and pick up players that where playing in the 8:30 games and Mondaynight game. Granted he had to pick up players like Alstott, Feley, and R Curry, however it was the principle of it all and that I felt it was unethical that the other owners would do this. The guy I played has been in this keeper league for 5 years so he is no rookie by any means. In fact we have split our games 3-3 over the past 5 years.

Am I making a big deal out of this? Just so you guys know the commish is the past super bowl winner and is my main competition for winning the division this year.
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:27 pm

Yeah the commish over-stepped his bounds and should be called to the carpet for it. If an owner snoozes, he loses. That's life. I hope you win anyway, but you should really hash this out with your league-mates.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:28 pm

I don't think that it's unethical. They just want a competitive league.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AGENT » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:31 pm

Amazinz wrote:I don't think that it's unethical. They just want a competitive league.

If you where playing this same guy this week and it was a $$ league would you have called your competition to have him put in a full lineup even if he snoozes?

I paid to run one team only. I dont have the right to run anyone elses 3 weeks into the season when this guy is no rookie
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Amazinz » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:32 pm

AGENT wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I don't think that it's unethical. They just want a competitive league.

If you where playing this same guy this week and it was a $$ league would you have called your competition to have him put in a full lineup even if he snoozes?

No but I would indeed call my main competitor's competition and suggest he set his lineup properly.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby AGENT » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:55 pm

What if this was later in the season and it effected your team on making or missing the playoffs? Would you also feel this way?
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:56 pm

I think you're miffed you dont get to cheeze your way into a win.

Should be no reason why the commish can't call an owner and remind him he doesnt have players in at a certain position. He'd do the same for you.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby undercovermn » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:03 am

If it is a $ league, you have a right to bitch. Otherwise, no. Sounds like you have a good commish who is trying to keep things competitive, so be happy you're not stuck in a league with a bunch of dead teams that you steam-roll over to get a meaningless championship? What fun is THAT? I hope you win anyway, and can take pride in winning a better matchup than if the commish didn't take an active role.
undercovermn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:45 am

if the commish called the other guy to let him know that he had three guys on byes in, and then the guy changed his team, i have no problem with it.

if the commish changed the lineup of an otherwise-active player, then it's a problem.

but if someone just forgot to set their lineup, there's NO REASON that it's unethical to remind them. even if the sole reason you remind them is for personal gain.
George_Foreman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:03 am

No i wouldnt say its unethical. THe only problem your commish made was letting you find out he was helping your oppenent. He should have been able to keep it under wraps.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk