Is this ethical? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is this ethical?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:39 am

Woah, he dropped players off his team? Who were they? Im afraid you are going to say Corey Dillon, Chad Pennington and Santana Moss, and that smells like total BS to me. Did anyone pick up those players dropped? He certainly shouldn't have dropped studs off those teams. If he picks up one of these guys then you know this league is full of &*% and demand your money back.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bowie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:25 am

As long as the commish didn't make the changes himself, its all good.
No one in a league has the obligation to remind an owner he hasn't set his line-up, but at the same time anyone can certainly do it if they feel like. I know it feels shady to you because it was the commish, but even as commish he still retains the same rights as anyone else in the league. It would be pretty tough to tell someone they can't at the very least warn someone about there line-up.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby noyz » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:38 am

As long as the commish would do it for everyone else, I see no problem... I am a commish of a leauge and if someone has an invalid lineup, I get on him.
P. Rivers
J. Delhome

R. Bush
E. Grahm
M. Turner
M. Forte
R. Rice
K. Jones

T. Owens
R. Wayne
S. Smith

T. Gonzalez

Def. Matchup

Kicker not signed yet...

12 team league
noyz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 am

Personally, I see no problem with a commish reminding people to set a line-up... If your team was any good, and this guy was playing people like Feeley, Curry, and Alstott, you should have been able to come away with a win, regardless....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nebbie2004 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:07 am

if he made him DROP as in cut ppl from his team, than i dont think it's right, but otherwise a friendly reminder is no big deal IMO!
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:26 am

awwchrist wrote:I think you're miffed you dont get to cheeze your way into a win.

I agree. I was playing a guy that still had Corey Dillon and Vinatieri in his lineup on Saturday and I was playing him (I was also the commish).

We reminded him again and then I just subbed him people for those two byes. I don't need people complaining that I cheesed to a win. Doesn't matter. I won 98-28 anyway.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:57 am

Your team should have been good enough to beat that group of last second bums.

It's harsh but that's thr truth. Since you couldn't do it, you are bummed you couldn't take the week off.

Sorry if you don't agree with my opinion. No one wants to see people not turn in a lineup, no matter what positions need filled. It keeps the leagues competitive.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Siggyfawn » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:06 pm

I don't have a problem with it at all.

Owner spotted a regular who didn't adjust his team and called him.

Now if the owner logged in and did it himself, then yeah. What if it was just another player who called? I mean I think its cool the commish is on top of things, calling his guys. You want to commish to stay out of it so you get an easy win. What a pussy. Go find your manhood and then apologize to your family for disgracing them for posting such a retarded topic.

That's all.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dub-Dub » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:12 pm

I'm with the masses on this one... not-unethical.

You wanting a cheap win is unethical...
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JtotheF » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:29 pm

I wouldn't call it unethical, but I would call it BS.

Why does a five year owner/participant need so much hand-holding? If he blows a starting lineup, then he blows a starting lineup. A cheese win? What the hell is that? Isn't managing your weekly roster your responsibility? How 'bout calling it a "dork win" instead, as in the guy who started bye week players is a dork and showing disrespect for your league. Why not just let the commish set everyone's starting lineup each week?

I'm in a money league with a commish that lays it out for everyone at the draft, if you start a player on a bye, then say "bye" to those points. I understand it's fantasy football, but can we exhibit a little likeness in how we manage our players?

Quick, someone call the Bears and tell them they have to fill Rex Grossman's spot.

QB T Green, R Gannon
RB S Aleander, K Barlow, D Blaylock
WR S Moss, Roy Williams, C. Chambers, Rod Smith
TE J Shockey, C. Lewis
K J Elam, P Dawson
D Steelers, Giants
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk