Is this ethical? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is this ethical?

Moderator: Football Moderators

same here

Postby CellarDweller » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:36 pm

noyz wrote:As long as the commish would do it for everyone else, I see no problem... I am a commish of a leauge and if someone has an invalid lineup, I get on him.

I'm in several leagues. One as commish, 2 as just a coach. Anytime there is an unfilled roster an email and phone call is made. No more no less.
-CD-
the... C e l l a r D w e l l e r
CellarDweller
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dominion » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:11 pm

It is iffy, I would like to know more of what happened. If Sunday kick-off had already happened and if he droppped quality players to fill with junk, then I have to wonder about it.

No such thing as a cheese win among veterans though.
Dominion
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AGENT » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:23 pm

Dominion wrote:It is iffy, I would like to know more of what happened. If Sunday kick-off had already happened and if he droppped quality players to fill with junk, then I have to wonder about it.

No such thing as a cheese win among veterans though.

It wasnt until Sunday night at 8:20 that the commish went ahead and made these changes for owner. As for the players dropped it was on a kicker and Jay Fiedler and he also put Boldin on IR
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Amazinz » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:29 pm

I think that's a different situation. If the commish is actually taking over the roster and changing the lineup that may be a problem. Depends on the situation. Sometimes if you have a dead team that's the best way to keep the league competitive. But normally when a commish changes the roster it crosses the line because he has an advantage other owners do not. Where I can alert one of my league-mates to a mistake he can actually correct it and that is not fair IMHO.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ForeverBlue » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:49 pm

One guy in our league will be on his honeymoon for the next 2 weeks. Before he left he asked my to bench/start his players. He already has enough backups for his bye weeks. He said there was no need to add or drop players. (I would feel odd doing that for someone). Just use my best judgement on who to start. I will start his best rated players. He realized he will be away for a while and made sure the proper arrangements were made. He knows that guys in our league go by the motto, "You sleep in the bed you make". No one will cut anyone any slack.

The fellow in your league should not need any reminders. The commish should not be a baby sitter. I don't blame you for being miffed. The guy deserves to be berated on your message board when he returns.
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk