Steelers Favored in AFCNorth. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Favored in AFCNorth.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Steelers Favored in AFCNorth.

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:06 am

We already knew this but Here is ESPN's take on the division.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:01 am

Surprise surpise !! :-)

Guess what, it also doesnt matter who starts for the browns at QB either ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby slowkidz » Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:55 am

Ive got problems with Clayton. He never really seems to be behind the underdogs. He always talks down to teams that are young and full of potential. It's hard for me to actually take any of his writing seriously at times. He had good, indepth reviews for some of the teams, and yet when it came to the Browns he writes,
He cut the teams top three linebackers -- Dwayne Rudd, Earl Holmes and Jamir Miller. He cut two more starters and leaders -- center Dave Wohlabaugh and cornerback Corey Fuller. With a tight cap, Davis only had the room to bring in one veteran -- linebacker Barry Gardner.

There is a lot more behind these cuts, not to mention these guys weren't really doing well anyways. Hell, Miller didn't even play last year and yet he was one of the teams top LBs?!? He played one season, albeit a good season, but still...He wasn't a leader and often invoked a bad attitude within his teammates. Godd riddance I say. Holmes was aging and his knees were getting worse (there was a reason Pitt was willing to let him go). Rudd is the biggest bonehead alive and didn't do that well when his helmet was on anyways. No mention of the rookies, either offensive or defensive. No mention of the new defensive coordinators/schemes. No real research done here at all on his part. If anything, I think the most positive thing I've heard about the Browns all season came from Ozzie Newsome...
"This division is getting better," Newsome said. "Cincinnati has improved under Marvin Lewis. The Browns can come at you now with four receivers and with William Green in the backfield and give you problems. The Steelers are good. We're so young, we will have to see what we can do."

I don't know...it's just starting to rub me the wrong way. I've read so much other things about how the team is doing, good things, and yet these "great football analysts" don't comment on a single thing, unless it's bad that is...Just bugs me is all...I mean, it's not like Cleveland is Cincinnati or something....hehehe
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Homeless » Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:59 pm

:-o

Not what I expected to see in the response from ya bud...

Anyway, I agree with ya. Browns have a decent team and will be hard to beat no matter who they play ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers