Random Quotes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Random Quotes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Random Quotes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:23 am

Ya just gotta love the Aaron Shea quote...

June 12, 2003

Random quotes from around the NFL from PFW.

Browns DT Gerard Warren, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2001 draft, on trying to get his career back on track after a disappointing 2002 season: “I know what's expected of me, drafted with the third pick. And I will say this: I haven't live up to what people expect out of me being the third pick. But ... it's time. All I can say is, it's time.”

Browns TE Aaron Shea, joking about the battle between Tim Couch and Kelly Holcomb for Cleveland’s starting QB job: “All I know is one of those two hillbillies is going to start for us.”

Cardinals QB Jeff Blake on rookie WRs Bryant Johnson and Anquan Boldin, who have impressed him thus far: “These guys are really stepping up quickly. They're not hoping for somebody to hold their hand or taking a backseat and waiting four years to get used to it. They're stepping up and taking their swings.”

Colts RB Edgerrin James, who says he’s feeling better after a knee injury ended his 2001 season and nagging injuries hurt his production in 2002, on his health: “If I'm healthy, there's no way I can be controlled. When I'm not healthy, it's totally different out there for me. I'm used to going in a game, dominating a game and doing what you're supposed to do.”

Broncos TE Shannon Sharpe on the importance of taking lessons learned in minicamp into game situations: “Everybody looks good out here when there's really there's not a lot at stake, but when you get into a game-type situations and guys are counting on you to make a play, can you remember? You're not going to have a script. They're going call the play, and you're going to have to be able to run. We'll see who's going to be the guys who can step up and make this ballclub better.”
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:56 am

LOL "Hillbillies"

I like the Cards one too, like those guys have a choice but to step up.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Slingblade » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:58 am

that browns one is funny as hell...lmao ;-D
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby cwebb » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:05 am

:-b Hillbillies hehehe
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:11 am

what can i say....he speaks the truth...lol :-B
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Nero » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:45 am

Does the winner get to drive the General Lee to games???
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk