Why TJ Duckett not playing? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why TJ Duckett not playing?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mach5 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:31 pm

timzak wrote:I ask because all the preseason talk was that Duckett was a better fit for the new West Coast offense and he was ranked higher than Dunn in most of the preseason rank lists. I don't own him, but he was part of a trade I was considering. I'm probably going to turn the trade down because of his lack of playing time.

Not so...i went on every forum i could think of to correct this misconception...dunn is a way better fit for the west coast offense...he catches the ball out of the backfield and is the type of player that can make people miss in the open field...what west coast offense team has had a slow, plodding rb do well? Duckett has no value except as a handcuff to dunn.
mach5
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:46 pm

I have to say that every website I went to besides the cafe in the offseason said that Duckett was the better pick. Meanwhile guys like Plindsey and KG were talkin about how much better Dunn would fit into the WCO.

By the way siggyfawn, you just got owned.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:49 pm

Is ATL running a west coast offense? :-?

From what I have seen they are running anything but a WCO.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bebop82 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:51 pm

i had a draft robot do my draft, and it managed to pick Mike Vick and Pats D as my FIRST TWO picks, and it finished up with TJ Duckett, Garrison Hearst, and Keenen McCardell as some of my other picks.

I dont think it could have made worse decisions if it was specically programmed to
NFL.COM

The Cheetahs featuring Michael Vick and one bad ass Defense
bebop82 Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:53 pm

bebop82 wrote:i had a draft robot do my draft, and it managed to pick Mike Vick and Pats D as my FIRST TWO picks, and it finished up with TJ Duckett, Garrison Hearst, and Keenen McCardell as some of my other picks.

I dont think it could have made worse decisions if it was specically programmed to

OUCH!

:~(

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TonyCee » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:27 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Siggyfawn wrote:Goal line back? You obviously don't have a clue about Duckett.

First of all, he's not even a power runner. That's part of the problem, he dances around and doesn't run people over. He best runs are to the edge/outside.

And this year his only carries are NOT on the goal line. Dunn has gotten it everytime, which is why he has 4 rushing TDs. Even in short yardage, they don't bring in Duckett.

It's been the same old story, no one knows why Duckett doesn't get carries. He never got it under Reeves, and seems the new coaching staff isn't too impressed either. He also does stupid thinks like refusing to do the off-season workouts, prefering to workout at home w/ his own trainer.

Anyway Duckett won't get any TDs, and he won't get any carries unless Dunn gets hurt.

Duckett most certainly is more of a goal line back than Warrick Dunn is... Now, I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen the Falcons with the ball inside the 5, yet... And so, we haven't seen Duckett in the ballgame in that situation, but I ask you this:

If you have the ball at the 1-foot line, and you need to slam it in between the tackles, who do you give the ball to:

Warrick Dunn - 5'8", 185 lbs ???

or

TJ Duckett - 6'0", 255 lbs ???

Sorry but YES you are wrong, by far, this is just runs 5 yards and under:

ARZ vs ATL
2-5-ARI5 (8:44) W.Dunn left tackle to ARZ 4 for 1 yard (R.Kolodziej)

ATL vs STL
1-4-STL4 (6:07) W.Dunn right tackle to SL 3 for 1 yard (E.Flowers)

1-2-STL2 (9:46) W.Dunn right tackle for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN

4-1-STL2 (12:40) W.Dunn right tackle for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN

SF vs ATL
1-2-SF2 (6:30) W.Dunn up the middle for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN

All good though Pimp.
TonyCee
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:31 pm

As long as Vick is QB Duckett and Price are near worthless, Dunn and Crumpler are fantasy starters.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk