Darn you, Cornbread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Darn you, Cornbread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:10 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Cornbread is now 0-3 in the Cafe Challenge :-b

Sorry to burst your bubble (am I still in the fanclub?).

Well, what did you expect? He's from the Dark Side and expects to beat FFC boys? :-D

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:57 pm

Hey out of those three topic I was with him on two of them. :-b

Good job CBM! ;-D

Just remember what he has said about Holt...

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Darn you, Cornbread

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:59 pm

drsteuss wrote:You say wonder-bust Thomas Jones will become a stud, and against all logic he actually does.

You hate on Dom Davis, and my boy goes down with an ankle injury and fumblitis, costing me this week's game.

You hate on Julius Jones, and he goes down for the year.

Why do you have to be so right about everything? And do you have any stock market tips?

The Thomas Jones call I'll give him props for.....injury predictions I won't.
The rest, DD is having an outstanding sophomore season, besides the fumbles....JJ what did you really expect from a rook???
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:03 pm

DD hasn't been great, especially considering what defenses he has played. Some people were ranking him way too high, first rd material.

I give him the least credit for TJ because for a few weeks the Jones fever was crazy, and it was hard to find one person who didn't like him.

And hell, sure JJ was injured but thats besides the point. ;-)

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:50 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:DD hasn't been great, especially considering what defenses he has played. Some people were ranking him way too high, first rd material.

What crack pipe you been smoking???

Ignoring this last game where DD was injured.....
DD Averaging 165 yds, 1 TD per game
TJ averaging 148 yds, 1.3 TDs per game

Against a common opponent (Detroit) with DD getting more yards.
DD 173 yds, 0 TDs
TJ 105 yds, 2 TDs

Looks pretty even to me.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:58 pm

Buckychudd wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:DD hasn't been great, especially considering what defenses he has played. Some people were ranking him way too high, first rd material.

What crack pipe you been smoking???

Ignoring this last game where DD was injured.....
DD Averaging 165 yds, 1 TD per game
TJ averaging 148 yds, 1.3 TDs per game

Against a common opponent (Detroit) with DD getting more yards.
DD 173 yds, 0 TDs
TJ 105 yds, 2 TDs

Looks pretty even to me.

Agreed. Before this past week, Dom Davis was the #3 overall fantasy scorer. Also, when did anyone ever draft him in the first round? If anything, he was underrated going into the draft. Because of the Hollings rumors, he was going in the third round.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:51 pm

He still has a chance against me tonight. He's down 29 with Testaverde to go vs my Antonio Bryant. If he loses, I can brag how I beat him with two different teams in the same week (MIKL, Cafe Challenge).

I'm not even gonna touch predictions just yet, since that would be moronic (with the exception that anyone here plays their fantasy championship in week 3).

I would like to touch on DD's injury. Anyone who justifies their "injury risk" prediction with this injury (or most injuries but thats for another day) is a flat out idiot. Yes I said it. You are an idiot. A defender fell on his ankle. His ankle got sprained. I guess that could only happen to Dom Davis, no other RB would've sprained his ankle in that situation right? Yeah, it's all his fault and he is injury prone. I mean, why can't his skeleton be reinforced with stone and titanium so he'd never get hurt?

It's so funny because two of the guys who are suffering through injuries right now were previously considered bulletproof (McAllister and Alexander), but now Deuce is out for quite some time and SA is definitely struggling. So if you make a list of RBs who are labelled injury prone by the mentally deficient here, that leaves pretty much everyone except LaDainian Tomlinson. Oh wait he stubbed his toe in week 2, I guess he's injury prone too. Better draft a kicker in round 1 next year since most of them aren't injury prone.

Image Image Image
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby proKrastinate » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:54 pm

KingGhidra wrote:

He still has a chance against me tonight. He's down 29 with Testaverde to go vs my Antonio Bryant. If he loses, I can brag how I beat him with two different teams in the same week (MIKL, Cafe Challenge).

I'm not even gonna touch predictions just yet, since that would be moronic (with the exception that anyone here plays their fantasy championship in week 3).

I would like to touch on DD's injury. Anyone who justifies their "injury risk" prediction with this injury (or most injuries but thats for another day) is a flat out idiot. Yes I said it. You are an idiot. A defender fell on his ankle. His ankle got sprained. I guess that could only happen to Dom Davis, no other RB would've sprained his ankle in that situation right? Yeah, it's all his fault and he is injury prone. I mean, why can't his skeleton be reinforced with stone and titanium so he'd never get hurt?

It's so funny because two of the guys who are suffering through injuries right now were previously considered bulletproof (McAllister and Alexander), but now Deuce is out for quite some time and SA is definitely struggling. So if you make a list of RBs who are labelled injury prone by the mentally deficient here, that leaves pretty much everyone except LaDainian Tomlinson. Oh wait he stubbed his toe in week 2, I guess he's injury prone too. Better draft a kicker in round 1 next year since most of them aren't injury prone.

Image Image Image

i dont know, i seem to remember kickers pulling hammies jumping up and down and something about an axe last year...;)
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk