Larry Johnson to the Dolphins? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Johnson to the Dolphins?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RehamMizzou » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:06 pm

I would rather see Bryant. McCardell is a ME ME veteran player, and wouldnt fit in the locker room well. Bryant is still young, cheap and could be taught.
RehamMizzou
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tree_Sloths » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:10 pm

I'd prefer Bryant too. But I don't see much upside for Dallas getting Johnson. I don't think they'd go for it.
Tree_Sloths
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RehamMizzou » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:13 pm

Tree_Sloths wrote: But I don't see much upside for Dallas getting Johnson.

You could say that for the entire NFL. :-b
RehamMizzou
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:19 pm

I think its really interesting that KC is trying to move LJohnson. He was obviously overhyped coming out of college and KC really did waste a pick on him - TS was right - they should have drafted any number of defensive players taken immediatelyn after they drafted LJohnson:

N. Barnett - anyone think he might give KC a little help?
T. Brayton - looking good in OAK.
B. Bailey - ok, so the injury downgrades him, but at least he looked good when he did play - you cant even say that about LJ.
Tillman - same as Boss.

anyway - the point is, it was a wasted pick. Thos people familiar with LJ when he played college ball new he had almost 0 success running against good college Ds, while running up his stats against junk opponents.

Trade him as quickly as possible KC - let someone else have the headache.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:26 pm

I agree Cornbread. He never impressed me in college, and he got stuffed against the better Ds. The fact that Vermeil gave that diaper comment speaks volumes as well. I have never known Vermeil to openly criticize a player, even in a tongue in cheek kind of way. It tells me that Johnson has not been working hard enough to learn the offense, and is struggling to adjust to the NFL game.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mach5 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:33 pm

RehamMizzou wrote:Just read KC front office suggested a Larry Johnson to the Cowboys for Antonio Bryant. Now that would be a fantasy impact.

where'd you read this?? i'd love to have bryant! Blaylock is a better rb in our offense anyway.
mach5
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:43 pm

The Dolphins management would make a terrible decision in trading for LJ.

I hate it when people say Gordon sucks, because he is a talented back. But the fact that is the Dolphins line just plain sucks. Gordon is seeing defenders in his face as soon as he gets the ball. I'm beginning to think that if Ricky did play, he would be a bust due to the utter crapiness of the linemen. Throwing in another back out there won't help at all.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pdub » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:57 pm

mach5 wrote:
RehamMizzou wrote:Just read KC front office suggested a Larry Johnson to the Cowboys for Antonio Bryant. Now that would be a fantasy impact.

where'd you read this?? i'd love to have bryant! Blaylock is a better rb in our offense anyway.

seriously. anybody got the scoop on this? shoold i pick up bryant off the ww?
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:00 pm

I don't think it matter much who they plug in. That line is absolutely horrid. Lamar is a fine RB, just for the record.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:05 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:The Dolphins management would make a terrible decision in trading for LJ.

I hate it when people say Gordon sucks, because he is a talented back. But the fact that is the Dolphins line just plain sucks. Gordon is seeing defenders in his face as soon as he gets the ball. I'm beginning to think that if Ricky did play, he would be a bust due to the utter crapiness of the linemen. Throwing in another back out there won't help at all.

Might shed some light on why it is that Ricky decided to go, huh?

His value drops through the floor if he plays this season... As it is, he takes a slight hit for looking like an ass, but his value as a player goes up, b/c people see the comparison between the Dolphins pre-Ricky and post-Ricky... Meanwhile, he is saving his body from the abuse that 400 carries behind that O-line would bring...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk