K-Robbed of victory - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

K-Robbed of victory

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JtotheF » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:39 pm

D Jackson has always been the guy in Seattle (9 TDs to Robinson's 4 last year).

I'd go with Porter from here on out. He never drops balls and is a rediculous athlete. Collins will only get him the ball more just as he did with Toomer.
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtarail » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:40 am

awwchrist wrote:Koren has never been the #1 WR.

Koren was assumed the role after Jackson was hurt in the 2002 and missed 3 games. Coupled that with a nice streak of decent games from week 7 to the end of the 2002 season.

It's really something he's never been able to repeat.

"He's never been" , and then "he assumed the role..." :-?

By this logic Javon Walker was never the #1 receiver over Donald Driver and isn't the #1 right now. :-?

Krob was considered the #1 receiver at the beginning of 2003. He's still getting a lot of balls thrown at him because despite his drops the 'Hawks think they have two receivers of roughly equal skills. It seems to me that the Hawks are praying that Krob can stop screwing around and create a situation where--as an opposing defense-you can't key on either WR because they're both liable to get the ball anytime. (Kind of like the 2002 Steelers)
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cwhitty » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:45 pm

KROB did have the flu which contributed to the outing. Right before last Sunday's game against the Bucs he went from a black visor to a clear one. In his lone healthy game he caught a TD pass. Wait 1 or 2 more weeks of a healthy Koren to determine wether or not he can be a consistent contributor.
cwhitty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stikmata » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:24 pm

he burned me big time last year... and i see him burning owners again this year... to me he sux majorly and i'd rather own bobby E over Krob any day of the week
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:47 pm

mtarail wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Koren has never been the #1 WR.

Koren was assumed the role after Jackson was hurt in the 2002 and missed 3 games. Coupled that with a nice streak of decent games from week 7 to the end of the 2002 season.

It's really something he's never been able to repeat.

"He's never been" , and then "he assumed the role..." :-?

By this logic Javon Walker was never the #1 receiver over Donald Driver and isn't the #1 right now. :-?

Krob was considered the #1 receiver at the beginning of 2003. He's still getting a lot of balls thrown at him because despite his drops the 'Hawks think they have two receivers of roughly equal skills. It seems to me that the Hawks are praying that Krob can stop screwing around and create a situation where--as an opposing defense-you can't key on either WR because they're both liable to get the ball anytime. (Kind of like the 2002 Steelers)

I ment "he's never been the unconditional 1WR" and that he assumed the role only after Jackson was hurt. Sorry I didn't make myself perfectly clear..apparently you have no means of conclusion. (^) for you though for creating a worthless arguement.

Robinson he was the #1 WR while Jackson was hurt and the 2WR role went to a combo of Bannister and Engram.

The moment Jackson came back, he was the number one WR target.

Here's a great litmus test for you:

1. Go to http://www.seahawks.net
2. find the fan forum message boards
3. ask if Koren is the #1 WR.

Come on back and tell us how it went.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JtotheF » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:50 pm

The flu hurt his play? Are you serious?

See - Michael Jordan (Professional athlete, playoff performances).

Yeah, yeah, this is football. Yeah, yeah, he's no Michael Jordan. All crap. I saw Cade McNown puke out his facemask at UCLA and proceed to march the offense down the field repeatedly, including 3 OT's. Robinson should be at least as tough as McNown. Hell, Steve Young played with the flu in the playoffs. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

...the flu...please...stop it.
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk