Hmm...tough general FF question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hmm...tough general FF question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hmm...tough general FF question

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:03 pm

Okay, here's the situation. This is a 10 team money league with some friends. I'm winning the game 92.04 to 90.36. I have Portis left, he has no one. It's 1 point for every 10 yards rushing and receving, with 6 points for TD's. Fumbles are -2 points. We're both 1-1 and this win would push me to 2-1, but there are several other teams that are 2-1 and a couple more that are 3-0. Only four teams make the playoffs.

So I can either play Portis tonight against Dallas at home or bench him and take the win. If I play him, then I have a great chance of picking up a few more points that would help greatly in the standings because the tiebreaker when it comes to record is overall points scored. Also, you never know when Yahoo! will do a scoring change that would affect the results. And what are the chances Portis will get -2 points anyway?

On the other hand, I could bench Portis, take the win, and hope Yahoo! doesn't change the score. This way, I would automatically get the win, but my place in the standings may suffer because I may not have as many overall points as some of the other 2-1 teams.

I've been debating this decision since last time, what should I do?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby meatwad10 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:05 pm

umm definitly play portis??!?!?!
meatwad10
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby miracle » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:07 pm

yeah man you gotta play him...id rather play him and have him fumble and go out of the game and lose than bench him and lose on a scoring chance

plus i think a scoring change is more likely than portis getting you negative points
miracle
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bowie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:08 pm

If you were talking about a TE, or someone who might get 1 or 2 touches (where a fumble could kill you), I'd say bench him. A fumble and an injury, Portis will not lose your game for you this week, and he could really help you points wise.
I would look at it this way, would you rather lose because you sat your #1 draft pick and Yahoo corrected their stats, or because Portis had 1 freakishly bad day.
Start him.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby chronatog7 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:09 pm

Play him!
chronatog7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Estarr01 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:10 pm

Start him, how many times has Portis gotten negative points? I think the reward definitely outweighs the risk
Estarr01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:29 pm

I would play him also. You don't want to leave points on the bench that could help in a tiebreaker in the overall standings at the end of the year.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk