Postby POPCORN1 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:40 pm

anyone heard the status ?
POPCORN1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tool069c » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:45 pm

radio said day to day with calf injury....Im guessing he is being re-evaluated today...
tool069c
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TITAN-UP » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:55 pm

It is the same calf he had torn in 2001 it looks like he could be out for 2 to 4. Bad news for Kinney but good news for titan owners now our coaches won't run all these 2 TE sets that have us in a hell of a whole!
TITAN-UP
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:56 pm

Confirming TITAN-UP's post:

Titans | Kinney to Miss Several Weeks - from http://www.KFFL.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:18:42 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans TE Erron Kinney (calf) sustained a calf sprain in the Sunday, Sept. 26, game against the Jacksonville Jaguars and will be out for several weeks.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby YunYaamka » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:36 pm

So now Troupe will be starting?
"Everybody has their sanctuary. Catholics have church, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have beer." - Peter Griffin
YunYaamka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Damageincc » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:02 am

Troupe will be the starter . He will be huge in my opinion. They love this guy and now he is the starter for the next few weeks.
Was a finalist for best TE in college.

Fisher on Troupe

Ben Troupe will play and we’ll find out. He has done a nice job. We had him up in the package this week. We had a lot of things for him this week and then because of the question mark with Drew (Bennett) we wanted to make sure we had the extra receiver with Jake (Schifino) coming back. Our intention was to open it up and put the ball down the field. We felt we were better suited having Jake up rather than Ben. Ben will be up this week. He had a good week of practice and he is going to be fine.
Damageincc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JustDave45 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:11 am

Damageincc wrote:Troupe will be the starter . He will be huge in my opinion. They love this guy and now he is the starter for the next few weeks.
Was a finalist for best TE in college.

Fisher on Troupe

Ben Troupe will play and we’ll find out. He has done a nice job. We had him up in the package this week. We had a lot of things for him this week and then because of the question mark with Drew (Bennett) we wanted to make sure we had the extra receiver with Jake (Schifino) coming back. Our intention was to open it up and put the ball down the field. We felt we were better suited having Jake up rather than Ben. Ben will be up this week. He had a good week of practice and he is going to be fine.

Troupe will be the starter - this is true They love this guy - this is not true.

As a Titans fan I was estatic on draft day( I mean the real draft - not FF) to get Troupe, however he had a horrible pre-season and has great difficulty learning the offense and has been chastised publicly by the coaches many times. He did play in the Indy game and did okay I have high hopes for him as he is a tremendous athlete, but I have seen Fisher play wicked and sometimes pointless mind games with players like this in the past and I really don't know what to expect out of all this. I don't know if any of this info is pertinent to FF but I thought I would share it. I also have Erron Kinney and did NOT pickup Troupe just yet.
"Any of you got the guts to play for blood ?"
JustDave45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk