Rich Gannon out 6 weeks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rich Gannon out 6 weeks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rich Gannon out 6 weeks

Postby Bowie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:40 pm

He has a broken vertibret in his neck per Sporting News Radio. Ouch! Gotta go get Collins.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:42 pm

That may be the end of the road for old Gannon. I don't think his job will be waiting for him when he returns. Collins may be a decent option, depending on the matchup. You gotta love a guy who has 4 games against SD and KC.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:45 pm

Kerry Collins against Houston next week...ooooh. Sounds like a nice plug-in. Yeah, it does sound like this is the end of the road for Rich Gannon.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:49 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:That may be the end of the road for old Gannon. I don't think his job will be waiting for him when he returns. Collins may be a decent option, depending on the matchup. You gotta love a guy who has 4 games against SD and KC.

I echo these sentiments.

Collins should be sufficient enough to replace Gannon, and with the amount of time he is expected to miss I don't expect him to simply come back and be plugged into the starting spot again.

Poor Gannon, he has a terrible year, had to deal with injuries and a QB controversy. Then we he is seemingly ready to come back he gets hit with the shoulder injury. Ouch.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:53 pm

Bah, Gannon was looking so good for me. He may have had some turnover problems, but it looked like he was going for over 250 yards a game. Now I need to find another bye-week filler for Bulger... :-P Collins is going up against San Diego in week 8. Hmmm. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Autumn Wind » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:59 pm

IF (and that is a big if) Gannon comes back this year, the starting job will be waiting for him, no matter how well Collins is doing. However, I think this may be an injury that puts Gannon on the IR...which is too bad, because he looked primed for a great season.

However, one person who has a big smile on his face is Jerry Porter....expect some BIG games from him as Collins is better at throwing up the deep bombs his way. He also seemed to favor Porter in the TB game last night, so yet another reason to smile if you are a Porter owner.

As a Raider's fan though :~( I do think Collins is good, but Gannon just looked set to go back to his 2002 form
Just win baby!
Autumn Wind
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:00 pm

Autumn Wind wrote:IF (and that is a big if) Gannon comes back this year, the starting job will be waiting for him, no matter how well Collins is doing. However, I think this may be an injury that puts Gannon on the IR...which is too bad, because he looked primed for a great season.

However, one person who has a big smile on his face is Jerry Porter....expect some BIG games from him as Collins is better at throwing up the deep bombs his way. He also seemed to favor Porter in the TB game last night, so yet another reason to smile if you are a Porter owner.

As a Raider's fan though :~( I do think Collins is good, but Gannon just looked set to go back to his 2002 form

You probably know better than me considering you are an Oakland fan, but why do you think Gannon will have the job waiting for him? :-?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Autumn Wind » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:44 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:
Autumn Wind wrote:IF (and that is a big if) Gannon comes back this year, the starting job will be waiting for him, no matter how well Collins is doing. However, I think this may be an injury that puts Gannon on the IR...which is too bad, because he looked primed for a great season.

You probably know better than me considering you are an Oakland fan, but why do you think Gannon will have the job waiting for him? :-?

We are paying him 7 million this year and Al Davis is a big Gannon fan (and we know when it comes down to the final decision, Al has final say).
Just win baby!
Autumn Wind
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:29 pm

i picked up collins to play for cpepp's bye this week instead of delhomme.... good move? Bad move?
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Atog » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:33 pm

((Gannon was my 3rd round pick X_X))

Oh well, i think that Collins will provide a nice backup to Bulger. Perhaps even better than Gannon would have.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Football Talk