A different issue. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A different issue.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby shockeyfan » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:21 pm

Yeah. Get the hell out of that league. You have to go out of your way to do something like that.

Man that sucks.
Shockey is the MAN!
shockeyfan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tree_Sloths » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:29 pm

petedog9 wrote:We have a very similar problem in our league. The commish and one member randomly changed the soring rules in our league so its so lopsided and screwed up the season is virtually lost. Here is an example.
QBS get 200+ points for a 300 yard day.
Bruce had 134 yards receivng yetsreday and got 96 points
Holmes rushed for 134 yards and got 30 points

I am now called a whining loser becasue I am complaining about the changes. Here is my roster and I am 0-3.

QB-Bulger / Vick
RB- Holmes / Henry / S.Davis / George
WR- Marvin / CJ / Mason / Boldin
TE- Gonzo / Mc Michael

They didnt even bothering telling people about the changes and people have made draft picks and many trades not knowing what the hell had changed......... :-t

That's the most f***ed up thing I've ever heard of in FF. If anyone else got screwed, I'd trade your best players to them then quit.
Tree_Sloths
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Tree_Sloths » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:33 pm

That said, that was much worse than the original post - that one sounds like an honest mistake.

Regarding the original post, the commish may be able to go in and change the scores of individual players in week 1 so that the results hold up. And keep the scoring from here on out if everyone is fine with it.
Tree_Sloths
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby petedog9 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:20 pm

I have an update that you guysmight get a kick out of. This season is a total waste to start with and the guys who did it are calling me a whining bitch. The only other guy who was vocal with me in protest just got a BIG present. Again this is a 3 man keeper league just for bragging right between a group of buddies. (BIG TIME $#$@ talkin league) anyway. I traded the guy who was vocal with me the following:

Priest
Marvin
CJ
Mason

for his next year 3rd,4th,5th,6th round picks. There is precident here becuase in the past players have been traded for future picks. Just never to this magnitude. If I just quit then they win so I will field a team to the best of my ability and ride out the year to the bitter end. I will also be mega loaded next year once we have the scoring fixed....It was my last resort.......
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bowie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:25 pm

That makes sense. You may as well get rid of your non-qb talent anyway. As for this season, you will still automatically win every game in which Bulger throws 300+ and your opponent does not, so with a little luck you could be alright.

Edit: Is that a 200 point bonus for 300 yards passing, or 2/3 pt. per yard passing?
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Challie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:30 pm

I'd normally say your revenge tactic was pretty cheesy ... but that league seemed so crooked to begin with that you're half-justified.

The commish's stuff was bush league. And the league seems pretty lame to begin with - I mean look at the original roster YOU were able to draft: Priest, Marv, CJ, Henry, Gonzo, Bulger, S. Davis, Mason in a 12-team league? You were obviously playing with morons to begin with so how satisfying would winning that league be, anyway?

Good riddance to them & move on.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Presto » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:35 pm

Key the commish's car.
Presto
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby petedog9 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:39 pm

If anything now they have a legitimate reason to be pissed at me now......LOL