Does anyone know about Onterrio Smith???? HELP!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Does anyone know about Onterrio Smith???? HELP!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Does anyone know about Onterrio Smith???? HELP!!

Postby doylj » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:01 pm

I'm looking for information on Onterrio Smith... the guy has looked INCREDIBLE for the last couple weeks, and I'm considering a trade of another RB that would force me to rely on Smith or McGahee... obviously the latter isn't playing yet, and I'm wondering this:

WHEN will he be hit with the suspension? It hasn't even been mentioned anywhere in weeks!?!?!?!

HELP!
doylj
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:13 pm

Soon...very soon. I'd say within the next two weeks. They have a bye this week, so I'd say he's done or at the most one game more.

Yahoo! player update thingy wrote:Sep 27 Continuing to fill in for the injured Michael Bennett, Smith did it all in Sunday's win over the Chicago Bears. Although he failed to reach the end zone, the running back gained 94 yards on 17 carries and also hauled in six passes for 104 yards. Smith might not be available for the Vikings' next game, as his appeal of a four-game suspension likely will be heard within the next two weeks. The Vikings have a bye in Week 4.

Advice: Bennett hopes to be back from a knee injury before the Vikings game against the Houston Texans on October 10. If Smith is still active, the two likely will split carries. Moe Williams could be in the mix as well.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:16 pm

Mercer - what the hell is that thing? Im going to have nightmares from your av.

doylj - OSmith will be basically worthless starting in week 5. Bennett is the true feature back in MIN and he will return in week 5 - after their bye. This is exactly the same time OSmith is supposed to begin his suspension.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby doylj » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:26 pm

thanks!

yeah, reading that concerns me as well.. looks like I'm double-screwed since Bennett is due back as well.

Maybe I'll have to stick with Rudi and continue to bleed away at QB.

Right now I've got Bledsoe, Palmer, and Roethliasgdfger.

none of these options look very good.
doylj
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:34 pm

OUCH... Your QB situation is rough... You really need to do something about that... Did you actually draft Drew Bledsoe, or were you forced to take him as a punishment for something you did to your league-mates?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Commish » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:45 pm

Yeah, everyone was saying Onterrio would be worthless the 1st 4 weeks of the season too.

Once Bennett is out of the picture with injury, Onterrio will be a Top 10 back (whether it is after his suspension this year or next).
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:30 pm

The_Commish wrote:Yeah, everyone was saying Onterrio would be worthless the 1st 4 weeks of the season too.

Once Bennett is out of the picture with injury, Onterrio will be a Top 10 back (whether it is after his suspension this year or next).

That was probably because he was expected to be suspended. The NFL did the Vikings a HUGE favor by delaying the hearing and thus the suspension for several weeks, allowing Bennett to get healthy before we lose Onterrio.

He is gone though. Onterrio will not play again until week 9. Because he is missing 4 games due to smoking pot (not an injury), he is in Tice's doghouse. He will need a Bennett injury to be of any value.

The way the new turf is eating players up, he could gain his value back, but he is worthless until at least week 9 IMO.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk