Am I the only one that thinks Roethlisberger will do well? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Am I the only one that thinks Roethlisberger will do well?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:35 pm

Like GP said, he will only get better with age...just like a fine wine. I see a big future for the kid. He will struggle early (obviously), but will catch hot streaks and flows. Worth a pick up if he continues to improve.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:38 pm

I think Big Ben is ahead of the curve and will put up stats similar to Palmer. I agree that he will be up and down but probably not as much as people think. I actually see Ward's value going up - who would YOU focus on if you were him?!?
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Challie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:49 pm

Keeper league, yes. Otherwise, I could think of at least 15 QBs I'd rather have.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jeck » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:59 pm

Well then if youre in a 16 team league he's the man.
jeck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:02 pm

Challie wrote:Keeper league, yes. Otherwise, I could think of at least 15 QBs I'd rather have.

I seriously doubt that there are 15 viable QBs available that are better than Ben in any league...if you need some help at the QB spot for whatever reason then he is certainly worth a pick-up.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby proKrastinate » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:19 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
Challie wrote:Keeper league, yes. Otherwise, I could think of at least 15 QBs I'd rather have.

I seriously doubt that there are 15 viable QBs available that are better than Ben in any league...if you need some help at the QB spot for whatever reason then he is certainly worth a pick-up.

depending on what you meant by thinking of 15 qb's you'd rather have, thats the 4th best backup in a 12 team league. then have him in for one game against a depleted defense and the explosive weapons...not too bad.

however, i for one am never sold on a qb as a rookie. you just never know what they will do and what kinda game they will have.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby metra » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:20 pm

As long as we are on Big Ben, who do you think will fare better, Big Ben vs the Bengals or Leftwich vs the Colts?
metra
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LBJackal » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:57 pm

I drafted Big Ben in a 14 team league in which we start 2 QB's - yes, 28 starting QB's, and lots of teams have a good starting QB on the bench. AKA, there a TONS of teams without 2 good QB's. I had Collins and Brooks last year, and accepted an offer of Marvin for Brooks in the off-season (how could I pass that up?) leaving me with just Collins. Week 2 I had no starting QB's...... an injury to Maddox, and injury to Gannon, and an injury to Grossman, and all of a sudden I have 3 starting QB's ;-D

Keep on truckin, Ben!
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk