Mcnair is injured and probably out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mcnair is injured and probably out

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mcnair is injured and probably out

Postby TITAN-UP » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:50 pm

Mcnair had both of his ankles taped up big time before the game. He was not mobile and throwing high well before the chest injury that kept him in the hostpital. The Titans have been quite on this but I think he has been hurt all 3 games. Fisher said today that they will not play McNair until he is back healthy which could make Volek a nice start at qb this week with Calico back against SD.
TITAN-UP
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TITAN-UP » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:22 pm

Sources 104.5 and 99.7 radio in Nashville and Jeff Fisher's press conference today. Also 560 am in Nashville
TITAN-UP
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:10 pm

thanks for the info!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:46 pm

Great info, thanks. I have McNair and was getting concerned.

Edit: I am STILL concerned, but at least now there's a reason.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby i_am_the_one » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:07 pm

What is really strange is he didn't take a lick in the chest. He fell on the ball. With shoulder pads on I just find it hard to believe he hurt is sternum. The ball is much wider than your chest bone. To hurt this bone I would think it would take more than that with having pads on. My prediction is Volek comes in and creates another QB controversy. It wasn't too long ago sitting in the titans stand that fans were cheering for Neil O. and to sit McNair. Look out for D. Mason & Calico to start getting TD's again. McNair hasn't done anything thus far. So a new spark may get my Titans fired up.
i_am_the_one
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:11 pm

take an NFL football, take a dive and let a 230lb man jump and fall on top of you, all while the ball is sitting in front of your sternum, and you'll find out how he hurt it lol.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ramsalldaway514 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:13 pm

Also, take a look at Steve Mcnair. CO-MVP last year and you are talking of a QB controversy. I dont know what your smoking, but you should stop, its not good for you.
ramsalldaway514
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:37 pm

Thank God I added Collins today! :-?
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Steve_Mac9 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:38 am

i_am_the_one wrote:What is really strange is he didn't take a lick in the chest. He fell on the ball. With shoulder pads on I just find it hard to believe he hurt is sternum. The ball is much wider than your chest bone. To hurt this bone I would think it would take more than that with having pads on. My prediction is Volek comes in and creates another QB controversy. It wasn't too long ago sitting in the titans stand that fans were cheering for Neil O. and to sit McNair. Look out for D. Mason & Calico to start getting TD's again. McNair hasn't done anything thus far. So a new spark may get my Titans fired up.

Yeah right .... Jump off a building ...
Steve_Mac9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:39 am

Steve_Mac9 wrote:
i_am_the_one wrote:What is really strange is he didn't take a lick in the chest. He fell on the ball. With shoulder pads on I just find it hard to believe he hurt is sternum. The ball is much wider than your chest bone. To hurt this bone I would think it would take more than that with having pads on. My prediction is Volek comes in and creates another QB controversy. It wasn't too long ago sitting in the titans stand that fans were cheering for Neil O. and to sit McNair. Look out for D. Mason & Calico to start getting TD's again. McNair hasn't done anything thus far. So a new spark may get my Titans fired up.

Yeah right .... Jump off a building ...

Haha.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk