Kevan Barlow, in 2004. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevan Barlow, in 2004.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevan Barlow, in 2004.

Postby ThunderSnarfer » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:49 pm

Am I going to have to deal for a new #2 (#1) RB? He may have been injured last week, but i would still like a little bit of consistency. What kind of Barlow are we gonna see in the nexf week? All of my players are injured so I may have to just ride it out, Deuce is out, heap and smith for me, so trading will be tough. Barlow and Dunn are my starters, and wayne is in the flex. Therefore, what kind of numbers do you see him putting up? Is 10 total TD, and 1500 total yards too much? or is that around where you think hell land?
ThunderSnarfer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Graphics ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Commish » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:53 pm

It's hard to put up #'s when you're team is getting blown out.

If SF can play ball control, he can put up decent numbers. If not, he's probably a #3 back.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kevan Barlow, in 2004.

Postby mnheadliner » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:54 pm

ThunderSnarfer wrote:Am I going to have to deal for a new #2 (#1) RB? He may have been injured last week, but i would still like a little bit of consistency. What kind of Barlow are we gonna see in the nexf week? All of my players are injured so I may have to just ride it out, Deuce is out, heap and smith for me, so trading will be tough. Barlow and Dunn are my starters, and wayne is in the flex. Therefore, what kind of numbers do you see him putting up? Is 10 total TD, and 1500 total yards too much? or is that around where you think hell land?

Once you figure this out let me know :-b

But in all seriousness, I am in a grind myself with Barlow. Sure, I didn't start him last week, but he out-performed my starters D. Davis and Q-Tip. What an ugly 3. And to think I was THIS close to getting Moss or Owens in a package deal for one of these guys and one ehh WR. :~(

I'm 2-1 in this league....but man.....I view my RB situation as shaky....but getting back to your question my answer is....

WHO KNOWS......it is one of the great unknowns this season. UGH! :-t
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:58 pm

If he puts up 1500 rushing yards and 10 rushing td's, I'll personally throw him and everyone else here a party ;-D

Truthfully, 1500 10 total yards and td's look a bit more promising...

I foresee about 1100 rushing yard and 7 td's...
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby detroit_to_denver » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:17 pm

A lot Barlow bashing goes on these things. Granted he has been inconsistent but why not more for the inconsistency of say D Davis this week. Their are only a handful of guys that well go out and get you a TD and 100 everytime they step on the field. Barlow is not one of them.

Look at Alexander in Seattle. He had very minimal yards but happend to score. That is the team. Anyone could score those TDs from where he is running. It isn't Barlow as much as the 49ers. They have played some tough games and are so horrible that they play from behind, which makes it impossible for Barlow to get yards and they get in red zone very rarely so it makes it even tougher to score.

I picked him in the second round of a 12 team league. Looking back their are 2 guys I would have rather had. Jones and Brown but they were just as big a gamble. Looking at 2nd round caliber backs who is better. Westbrook (No TDs) Suggs (RBBC), Rudi (faces good run Ds all year).

Sorry for the rant just had to stick up for Barlow. I was mad about his inconsistency so I went out and got Staley so i could play the match ups better.
detroit_to_denver
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:23 pm

If the 9ers had any sort of a passing game Barlow might be worth the 2nd round pick some of you used on him.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ThunderSnarfer » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:30 pm

My WR have been carrying my team as my RB's continue to put up different numbers each week.

Luckily, I have Holt, Chad Johnson, Wayne, and DJax to pull me thru. My league counts .5 per reception, and 10 yards per pt. So theyve been good for 14-16 pts each week.

If Deuce comes back healthy, and Barlow turns it around, I could have a real powerhouse. 2-1 record could balloon to something great.

Heres hoping...
ThunderSnarfer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Graphics ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 6)

Postby JtotheF » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:57 pm

It seems like he's had some health issues.

At first they said he bruised his ribs in the Saints game, then finally admitted he had also hurt his knee. That seemd to keep him on the bench for the 4th which is why Jamal Roberston was able to take away his would-be 3rd TD of the day and then subsequently fumble the game away. The Niners could have/should have beaten the Saints.

Yesterday it seemed like he was still hurting, and Erickson had them throwing on four of their first five 1st downs. Now granted, that one pass was to Barlow, and then they attempted to run on the next three 1st downs (for 2, 2, and then 8 yards). But then coach had them throw on their next 7 1st downs and by then the game was well out of hand.

The bottom line is that injuries and offensive play calling have killed Barlow in Weeks 1 and 3.

Maybe stick it out with Barlow. I am.
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mtarail » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:04 pm

There's two ways to approach this

The injury approach--It's no secret that Barlow was hurting all last week, so therefore it's no surprise that they limited his carries in a blowout loss. If Barlow's injury is serious or lingering, all the Barlow owners have serious problems, but based on the news, it doesn't sound like his injury is that serious at this point.

The "he sucks" approach. If you don't like the guy, fine. Sure, the 9ers look like a very bad team this year, but that doesn't mean that he can't have a great season anyway IF---IF--he can say healthy.

IMO, he can have a year that justifies a 2nd round pick EASILY--the guy is good--and he doesn't need the 9ers to be a good team to do it. But he's got to be healthy if he's gonna do it.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk