Leno to quit..Conan takes the helm. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Leno to quit..Conan takes the helm.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Leno to quit..Conan takes the helm.

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:51 pm

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6115643/

In 2009. But still newsworthy.

Shame that Conan's gonna have to scale down his eccentric humor. But at least he's getting his shot. Well deserved.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:56 pm

Conan always makes me laugh out loud whenever I watch him, Leno is just not funny.

Leno wrote:“In 2009, I’ll be 59 years old and will have had this dream job for 17 years,” Leno said. “When I signed my new contract, I felt that the timing was right to plan for my successor and there is no one more qualified than Conan.

I didn't understand that... doesn't Leno realize Conan cracks jokes about him all the time? :-?

Anyway, Leno won't be missed IMO and Conan will get the heavier spotlight like he deserves.

;-D
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CKY_ROX » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:59 pm

i dont know if im alone in this, but i liked lenno and couldnt really find much hummor in what connan is say ( i dont know if its his dumb jumping or the comverup he dows after a joke) altghough i try hard to see it, i just dont. at least theres jimmy kimmel who is the new king of latenite

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:01 pm

I'm surprised that Letterman isn't going after the job - it's his dream job. I suppose his health would be a concern for NBC, though. Conan is pretty funny, but I like him wide-open. I'm not sure how he'd be in a G format. Oh well - I still have 5 more years to watch Triumph. That dog rocks. :)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kanezfan11 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:01 pm

CKY_ROX wrote:i dont know if im alone in this, but i liked lenno and couldnt really find much hummor in what connan is say ( i dont know if its his dumb jumping or the comverup he dows after a joke) altghough i try hard to see it, i just dont. at least theres jimmy kimmel who is the new king of latenite

Yeah, I've seen people that like Leno and hate Conan, and vice-versa.

I havn't watched Jimmy Kimmel alot, lost alot of interest for him when he left The Man Show high and dry for 2 bozos to take over. :,-(

Joe Rogan :-t .
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:09 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:I havn't watched Jimmy Kimmel alot, lost alot of interest for him when he left The Man Show high and dry for 2 bozos to take over. :,-(

And other d00d...but at least he gets to do Girls Gone Wild commercials...

"Show us where babies feed!" ;-D

All I can hope for is that Conan brings along Pimp-Bot 5000 to the Tonight Show. B-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:24 pm

I hate Leno with a passion and am one of the biggest Conan fans out there. This is well-deserved, Conan is the funniest man in the universe after Dave Chappelle.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:27 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I hate Leno with a passion and am one of the biggest Conan fans out there. This is well-deserved, Conan is the funniest man in the universe after Dave Chappelle.

Agreed completely.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kanezfan11 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:28 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
kanezfan11 wrote:I havn't watched Jimmy Kimmel alot, lost alot of interest for him when he left The Man Show high and dry for 2 bozos to take over. :,-(

And other d00d...but at least he gets to do Girls Gone Wild commercials...

"Show us where babies feed!" ;-D

All I can hope for is that Conan brings along Pimp-Bot 5000 to the Tonight Show. B-)

Yeah, I was thinkin' about that guy and remembered the GGW commercial, just couldn't think of his name.

Joe Rogan is just terrible though... He was on the "Great New York Boobs" Chappelle's Show episode though if I recall correctly. He's still a dillhole anyway, but that was the bright spot in his career.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:35 pm

Yeah when I heard Conan was taking over for Leno, I thought "Awesome, finally I can go to bed at 12:30 every night"....... then they say it's not happening until 2009 :~(

With Conan on at 12:30 still, how am I ever gonna find time to watch DL Hughley as Kilborn's replacement........ well on second thought maybe it's better that Conan's on at 12:30 :-° (BTW, love the Ricky Williams emoticon - I'm sure lots of people have made that joke but hey, I havn't been here in a while so screw you guys for judging me)
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk