Leno to quit..Conan takes the helm. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Leno to quit..Conan takes the helm.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kanezfan11 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:22 pm

lbjackal wrote:Yeah when I heard Conan was taking over for Leno, I thought "Awesome, finally I can go to bed at 12:30 every night"....... then they say it's not happening until 2009 :~(

With Conan on at 12:30 still, how am I ever gonna find time to watch DL Hughley as Kilborn's replacement........ well on second thought maybe it's better that Conan's on at 12:30 :-° (BTW, love the Ricky Williams emoticon - I'm sure lots of people have made that joke but hey, I havn't been here in a while so screw you guys for judging me)

Kilborn was terrible. :-t
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:34 am

kanezfan11 wrote:Joe Rogan :-t

I actually thought Joe Rogan was hilarious on an old show called "News Radio" - but you're right about The Man Show. They should have just cancelled it after Kimmel left.

Letterman was having a great time with the whole "gonna retire in 2009" thing last night.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jumpman8828 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:17 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I hate Leno with a passion and am one of the biggest Conan fans out there. This is well-deserved, Conan is the funniest man in the universe after Dave Chappelle.

Agreed completely.

And Sacha Baron Cohen ;-D
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:54 pm

The 2 highest rated late night shows are Conan followed by Family Guy on Adult Swim. I feel this move is happening way too let, because Conan>>Leno. I used to like Dave Chappelle until everybody and their mother at my school had to quote everything ever said in the show. The "Im rick james bitch" was the biggest perpatrator.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ironhorse75 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:16 am

The Good:

Conan will be getting his long overdue mainstream popularity and success.

The Bad:

It'll be interesting to see if Conan will retain his comedic freedom. I don't see a lot of the skits or remarks made on Late Night to make their way to The Tonight Show.

Jay always had a more "produced" feeling, I'm wondering if Conan will be constricted to the same type of show. Guests go on Leno to promote themselves. Guests go on Conan to have a good time.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to General Talk