Favre has injured non-throwing shoulder. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre has injured non-throwing shoulder.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favre has injured non-throwing shoulder.

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:51 pm

Just read this as a headline on Yahoo...here's most of the article. He claims if was his throwing arm he'd sit out...but I doubt it.

AP via Yahoo! News wrote:GREEN BAY, Wis. - No stranger to injuries, Brett Favre can add another ailment to his list: a bum left shoulder to go with a bruised left hamstring.

The three-time MVP revealed after the Green Bay Packers (news)' loss at Indianapolis on Sunday that his non-throwing shoulder has been bothering him for two years.

"If it was my right one, I wouldn't be playing," Favre said. "But I feel like Mel Gibson in 'Lethal Weapon.' It's just kind of loose and kind of wobbles around and pops out from time to time. As long as it pops back, I'm OK."

Favre, who has started 211 consecutive games, including playoffs, an NFL record for quarterbacks, was asked about the shoulder after he winced and held his left arm lower when signaling touchdown after one of his four TD throws against the Colts.

"It's been hurting for about two years. It's just that with each day that passes, believe it or not, it gets worse and worse," Favre said.

Favre said he considered surgery last winter, but decided against it, figuring rest was best.

"But when I started training camp, it actually felt worse than it did at the end of the season," Favre said. "But so far the worst of it is doing the half-touchdown (celebration). I can live with that."
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:01 pm

As long as Favre doesn't start banging his shoulder against a pole like Riggs...

now that I think about it...that might be neat to see. ;-)
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:14 pm

good lord mercer where did you get that avatar?
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TTTBone » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:53 pm

Paladyr wrote:good lord mercer where did you get that avatar?

I think I played against that guy at my last hold 'em tournament. }:-)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:58 pm

This adds to the speculation that Favre will retire after this season :-o
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:11 pm

Shh guys, Mercer got in an accident. He's really sensitive about it.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:17 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:Shh guys, Mercer got in an accident. He's really sensitive about it.

Yeah. Remember how many of you wanted me to eat something? See what happens???? :~( :-t
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:54 pm

Mercer we wanted you to eat something, not someone! Have you been visiting circusfreaks.ogre again?

Why does Favre bring this up now? I wonder if he isn't being the leader that he is and trying to get people to talk about his shoulder, or impending retirement, instead of how badly his D is getting lit up.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:56 am

Considering how well he performed with a broken throwing thumb, I wouldn't be concerned. This is the immortal Favre. We're only ever going to see him on the sidelines for a game as a coach.

Also, when you consider Carroll and McKenzie weren't playing against Indy, no wonder Peyton carved them up.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cwhitty » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:57 pm

He had a broken thumb on his throwing hand. He just threw for 4 TD. All this info does is add to his legacy as a tough son of a bitch. He will go out and torch the Giants secondary unmercifully this weekend and it will be a blast to watch. Don't forget 2 things if he is going to retire:

1. From a fantasy standpoint, this guy should improve as the season goes on and the realization of this being his last year sinks in more and more. This guy really wants to win.
2. Savor this gentlemen, you probably will never see a tougher, more motivated QB to play again. He and Arturo Gatti, the boxer, are 2 athletes you should never give up the oppertunity to watch. They don't come around too often.
cwhitty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk