T. Jones' value decreased???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T. Jones' value decreased????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby godallahstar » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:33 am

Azrael wrote:LT and Jamal do ok with garbage QBs. TJ will be fine. I can hear the "you can't compare TJ to LT and Jamal" posts coming a mile away.

Well, you can't. LT and Jamal are bonafied superstars.
Thomas Jones is mearly showing his potential, albeit a little late.

I'm not hating on TJ, but the teams he played in the first 3 weeks of the year don't really have outstanding run defenses anyways, he's gonna calm down a bit.. but i still really like him, and actually have him in every single league i'm in as my #2 (or 3)
godallahstar
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tomas21 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:05 pm

i think it could balance out. while teams may key on him more, he will probably get more passes out of the backfield and more touches, as they won't won't quinn/krenzel/hutch throwing the deep ball. i think his ypg might go down a bit but his points stay the same.
tomas21
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelcurtain » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:17 pm

You mean, teams were actually afraid of Grossman and not stacking 8 in the box already and trying to get Grossman to beat them? I haven't seen any bears games, but it would be hard for me to imagine that teams weren't already trying to make Grossman beat them.
steelcurtain
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby columbo » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:26 pm

We really can't tell what's gonna happen. Quinn's a ?. He could really suck or he could step up. If he does step up, I don't expect it to be until his 2nd start.

Either way, as stated already, the Bears' plan is to feed Jones as much as possible. I also imagine more dink and dunk passes to Jones from the newly appointed cold turkey QB Quinn.

It could turn out better or worse.
"Listen Columbo, just for a minute how about we stop pretending that I'm brilliant and you're simple!"
columbo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk