SHAUN ALEXANDER.................................... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

SHAUN ALEXANDER....................................

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sucks...??????

Postby Amazinz » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:10 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:I'm simply trying to communicate in the language everyone else uses... called English.

Well keep working on it. I'm sure you'll pick it up eventually. :-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shader » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:12 pm

I'm telling you all that Alexander's best days are ahead of him when he leaves Mike Holmgren. If you put him on the Titans, he would run circles around Chris Brown. Put him on the Ravens, he would outproduce Jamal Lewis. I firmly believe this. He is the most underrated rb in the league.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sucks...??????

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:17 pm

Amazinz wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:I'm simply trying to communicate in the language everyone else uses... called English.

Well keep working on it. I'm sure you'll pick it up eventually. :-D

Maybe with time...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:21 pm

Shader wrote:I'm telling you all that Alexander's best days are ahead of him when he leaves Mike Holmgren. If you put him on the Titans, he would run circles around Chris Brown. Put him on the Ravens, he would outproduce Jamal Lewis. I firmly believe this. He is the most underrated rb in the league.
Maybe Chris Brown, but I doubt Jamal Lewis. Jamal Lewis is much more explosive and all around more talented. Oh, Amazinz and cowboyfan, calm down.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Amazinz » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:48 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Oh, Amazinz and cowboyfan, calm down.

Shut up, Sweetness. I don't need any policing from the peanut gallery.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shader » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:49 pm

Well trust me, I've seen more of Jamal Lewis and Shaun Alexander than anyone can imagine, starting with their freshman years in college. They are both great players. The thing that separates Alexander is the fact that he is ten times more durable than Jamal.

Alexander's running style is also much different now than it used to be. He used to go for the long touchdown alot more. Holmgren doesn't allow him to do that now, and I think that makes him much less effective. That's like telling Barry Sanders, "Now Barry, when you see a hole, hit it..just get the sure 3 yards." If Sanders had been told that, he wouldn't have been the back he was.

I'm convinced Holmgren ruined Alexander because he has completely taken away his ability to use his vision. And trust me, Alexander might have the best vision in a running back that I've ever seen.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:22 pm

Shader wrote:Alexander's running style is also much different now than it used to be. He used to go for the long touchdown alot more.

I'll agree with this. You saying that you've been watching them both since freshman year of college got me thinking. Alexander was a totally different kind of runner in college. He would rather try and make someone miss then run over them.

This change isn't just the system though, he's bulked up alot more now and isn't as quick anymore. Interesting how things can switch around so much.
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Showtyme5 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:40 am

I just made a trade that sent Alexander away for J. Lewis. Granted McNabb was the cherry on top in this one, getting J. Lewis to replace SA was FAN-Tastic. I think he's (Lewis) a MUCH better and way more explosive runner. He can break an 80 yarder at any second. And he's more powerful and has quicker feet imo. He's an all-around better back than SA. I wouldn't of dealt him if I didn't think otherwise.
Showtyme5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MEK4178 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:14 am

^^^^^^
I'd much rather have Alexander

every year youre pretty much guaranteed 16 or more touchdowns.
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:52 am

Until next year. You know he will probably go to a crappy team for a lot of money, and if their O-line isn't at least comparable to Seattle he could struggle. If its a keeper league, I think that trade could be pretty close. That being said, I'd rather have Alexander as of today.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk