Jamal Lewis Court????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis Court?????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:53 pm

i don't know if chester is going to be a great pickup if lewis is out. musa will most likely get the most carries. Chester is a change of pace back.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:36 am

Emil420 wrote:I really need to know this because i have a trade pending on it for T. owens and I have the backup running back for baltimore!

We all need to know. Anybody that gives you a definitive answer is pulling your leg because the truth of the matter is nobody knows. Lewis said he won't miss any time, Billick says he won't play the two weeks of the trial. Personally, I think if the Ravens are fighting for a playoff shot there's no way they sit Lewis. On the other hand, if he's convicted, he might miss the rest of the season (unless sentence is postponed pending the appeal like Martha Stewart). I guess the point is that nobody knows at this point. This was the risk you took when you drafted him. I'm counting on him missing no more than two weeks max, but that could just be wishful thinking.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Shader » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:41 am

I'm sorry, but this Ravens team is going to be fighting for the playoffs. Unless they are holding court on Sundays now, I seriously doubt he's missing any playing time. If Kobe can fly straight from court to a regular season basketball game, Jamal can leave court on Friday and play football on Sunday.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JustDave45 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:42 am

It is a very good question that no-one knows, but here's a start:

Does anyone know what date the trial is set to start ?
"Any of you got the guts to play for blood ?"
JustDave45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby josebach » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:57 am

JustDave45 wrote:It is a very good question that no-one knows, but here's a start:

11/01/04
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby JustDave45 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:02 am

josebach wrote:
JustDave45 wrote:It is a very good question that no-one knows, but here's a start:

11/01/04

Thanks... Thats the only thing known for sure....
"Any of you got the guts to play for blood ?"
JustDave45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Fast Eddy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:22 am

josebach wrote:
Emil420 wrote:I really need to know this because i have a trade pending on it for T. owens and I have the backup running back for baltimore!

We all need to know. Anybody that gives you a definitive answer is pulling your leg because the truth of the matter is nobody knows. Lewis said he won't miss any time, Billick says he won't play the two weeks of the trial. Personally, I think if the Ravens are fighting for a playoff shot there's no way they sit Lewis. On the other hand, if he's convicted, he might miss the rest of the season (unless sentence is postponed pending the appeal like Martha Stewart). I guess the point is that nobody knows at this point. This was the risk you took when you drafted him. I'm counting on him missing no more than two weeks max, but that could just be wishful thinking.

I generally agree with your reasoning. Billick might feel a lot of pressure from the public/media/league to sit Lewis more than he'd like and that may result in more missed time. The NFL has this funny approach to these types of matters. They actually try to present a good image.
Fast Eddy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:34 am

Paladyr wrote:i don't know if chester is going to be a great pickup if lewis is out. musa will most likely get the most carries. Chester is a change of pace back.

If Musa were going to get any playing time, wouldn't he have one carry already? As both a J. Lewis and Musa Smith owner, I know he hasn't. My guess is that Chester Taylor (who someone else in my league drafted with the very last pick) will be the main fill in as he has put up great numbers so far (over 5 a carry).
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:37 am

Chester Taylor will fill in for Lewis while he is out... I can pretty much guarantee that... They aren't giving him 8-10 carries a game because he's a third stringer... That's for certain...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:56 am

Paladyr wrote:i don't know if chester is going to be a great pickup if lewis is out. musa will most likely get the most carries. Chester is a change of pace back.

That's what I thought but someone told me recently that Taylor is #2 on the depth chart and he is. I had no idea.

Leads to the question... who will get the carries?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk