Does Gibbs deserve a dunce cap? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Does Gibbs deserve a dunce cap?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Does Gibbs deserve a dunce cap?

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:32 pm

I think I have never seen such poor game management and game preperation than the Skins have shown so far. Lining up wrong, sending in plays late, and I don't even know what to think about that end of half goal-line debacle.
I expected to see a well oiled machine from a Gibbs team. Is this the norm, Skins' fans, or an aberration?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:54 pm

That clock management down inside the 5 was downright pathetic. Outside of letting 20 seconds run off both times before finally calling the timeout, wouldn't you think that on 2nd and goal, if you have under a minute left and an hb dive called for 2nd down coming off a timeout, you would have two plays called? I mean, with an HB dive you pretty much either score or get stopped at the 1, so you know what the scenerio for 3rd down is gonna be if it comes up.

Then, with 16 seconds left in the half and no timeouts, you run a playaction bootleg? LMAO, like they're gonna fall for a play action when they KNOW it's gonna be a pass. Not a single person on that D even flinched at the run.

And I still think running without a FB is a terrible idea.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:55 pm

That clock management down inside the 5 was downright pathetic. Outside of letting 20 seconds run off both times before finally calling the timeout, wouldn't you think that on 2nd and goal, if you have under a minute left and an hb dive called for 2nd down coming off a timeout, you would have two plays called? I mean, with an HB dive you pretty much either score or get stopped at the 1, so you know what the scenerio for 3rd down is gonna be if it comes up.

Then, with 16 seconds left in the half and no timeouts, you run a playaction bootleg? LMAO, like they're gonna fall for a play action when they KNOW it's gonna be a pass. Not a single person on that D even flinched at the run.

Mod in Retirement

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:55 pm

Mod in Retirement

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:05 am

Mod in Retirement

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:02 am

Bagel... Was it really necessary to post that 4 times? You gator fans are a bit overzealous these days, huh?

As for the question at hand:

The clock management was clearly not good, and that is very unusual for Gibbs, but the outcome of the game hinged on horrid officiating...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:19 am

I'll agree with the horrid officiating, how in the world did Glenn not get called for offensive pass interference on that first drive for TD by Dallas.... just pathetic. Somebody get them zebras some glasses!!
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Samual Jackson as Jules: Pulp Fiction

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:56 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Bagel... Was it really necessary to post that 4 times? You gator fans are a bit overzealous these days, huh?

Heh, that was really weird. I tried to post it last night and everytime I tried to send it it said "the email could not be sent," and then the whole FFC site went down. I came on this morning and my reply still hadn't gone through, so I sent it again. Somehow that caused all the ones that didn't work last night to show up as well, weird.

And double posting is better than double handicapped parking *cough* Rix *cough* ;)
Mod in Retirement

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:47 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Bagel... Was it really necessary to post that 4 times? You gator fans are a bit overzealous these days, huh?

Heh, that was really weird. I tried to post it last night and everytime I tried to send it it said "the email could not be sent," and then the whole FFC site went down. I came on this morning and my reply still hadn't gone through, so I sent it again. Somehow that caused all the ones that didn't work last night to show up as well, weird.

And double posting is better than double handicapped parking *cough* Rix *cough* ;)

LMAO! ;-D That was quality...

Did you happen to see the Clemson game? I've never heard 90,000 people get so excited to see a guy sprain an ankle in all my life... At the end of the game everyone was chanting "Wyatt Sexton." It was great... And now all of a sudden Chris Rix's twisted ankle (that he was walking the sidelines with during the second half) is gonna keep him out of 2-3 games... Sounds to me like the coaches want to see if Wyatt can make it as a replacement... All I can say is good riddance... At this point, I'd let Chris Leak bang my sister LONG before I'd give Chris Rix the heimlich manuever... I'll tell you that much....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:14 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:All I can say is good riddance... At this point, I'd let Chris Leak bang my sister LONG before I'd give Chris Rix the heimlich manuever... I'll tell you that much....

I think you may have some issues! But then I don't know your...scratch that...just joking but I can go to far.
This is one of the things that disturb me about broadcasting today. They were so busy pimping Gibbs and Tuna, living legends and all, that they neglected to point out how some of the decisions and plays from the legendary duo were dubious at best, and dumb in some cases. Like Gibbs wasting so many time outs by coming out of them unprepared. They never really addressed it.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting