does anyone here play a points league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

does anyone here play a points league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

does anyone here play a points league?

Postby DaChiefs » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:36 pm

It seems like everyone is playing h2h, but both of my money leagues are points leagues. In baseball roto is less about luck while h2h had a ton of luck involved.

Which do you prefer?
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MrTwo94 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:23 am

;-D

I'm in 1 points league out of 6 total leagues. I'd be in all points leagues if my friends weren't sissies. You are right about the luck. In one H2H league, I have the most points but am only 1-2. People like to say, well it'll even out. But if you play a points league you don't have to worry about that crap. The best team wins. I've also heard, you've just got to play the matchups in H2H. Well, no chit. You've got to do the same in a points league, too. I think points leagues are more for purists whereas H2H is more for fun since there's more luck involved, but some will argue that luck is the best part about FF. It's all personal preference, but when I'm playing to win, I try to eliminate the luck factor as much as possible.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RC » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:31 am

The league that I organized, the only one out of the three pools I'm in, is a Points League.

I did this because I truly feel it's the best indicator of the best fantasy team and manager.

H2H is fun for the match-up aspect, but I'll take standard roto any day ;-D

RC
RC
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JustDave45 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:39 am

My money league is a points league based on "Smallworld" scoring from several years ago. I really prefer it to any other system I have played in. I think it does take out SOME of the luck involved, I often hear these stories of the guy scoring the most points for the year in head to head not winning. I just don't like playing that way. Curiously I am in 10th in my points league and first (3-0) in BOTH H2H leauges....Maybe I am just dumb !
"Any of you got the guts to play for blood ?"
JustDave45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dalej » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:44 am

Ours is a combination. We play hth each week and have playoffs at the end of the season. Winner gets about half the total pot. We also have a points championship that gets about 1/4 of the pot. The other money goes to division champions.
Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?
dalej
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Shader » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:50 am

I'm winning a points league, and 1-2 in a head-to-head league. USUALLY it evens out but not always. I had a friend with a GREAT team two years ago, and if memory serves me correct, he lost something like his first 7 games. Whoever he played just had huge weeks.

In fact, having playoffs in general is all about luck as well. I'm not a big fan of playoffs.

But if you are a league manager and you want to keep the league interested for most of the year, you better go h2h and have playoffs, or at about week 8, you'll already have 4-5 people giving up.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DaChiefs » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:29 pm

Ours is a combination. We play hth each week and have playoffs at the end of the season. Winner gets about half the total pot. We also have a points championship that gets about 1/4 of the pot. The other money goes to division champions.

wow that sounds like an awesome league. I always hated losing in baseball because of some lucky bs where he has 1 more double, 1 more triple, and one more strike out than me. I had by far the best team in my money league and ended up losing by 3 points.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk